Granit Xhaka

He was wxcellent last night. He was easily the best player on the pitch, well he and Santi that is. It looked to me like Wenger had us lined up in a 433? Santi and Coq were in the midfield with Xhaka and Iwobi, Theo, and Ox were the attackers.

Yeah I thought Santi looked really bright and quick - very happy to see him back and healthy and feistyā€¦ such a clever and skilled player. I hope he can stay healthy this year.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t get my hopes up too soon. Heā€™s not Premier League proven, after all.:worried:

4 Likes

Damn didnā€™t even think of that ^^^ good point. Heā€™ll probably be a flop like Ibra will.

1 Like

If itā€™s the swashbuckling Euroā€™s style Rambo if have him with Xhaka. If itā€™s the idkwtf I am doing on the pitch Rambo then Cazorla.

I didnā€™t get it.

Title of your autobiography?

6 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be a bad title.

Xhaka is very good 'cause can play indifferently with Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Coquelin or Elneny.

1 Like

Am I the only one who think Cazorla and Xhaka has the potential to be steamrollered?

3 Likes

Rarely happened to Cazorla and Coquelin so why would it happen with the addition of Xhaka?

2 Likes

Cazorla tends to get stuck in to be fair to the little man.

Not if Coq plays alongside them like he did last night :slight_smile:

And shove Ozil away too the wing again? No thank you.

@Darkseid, because Coquelin was everywhere maybe? Xhaka might compensate that because of his positional awareness, but having two players who rely on that with less athleticism I donā€™t know. Cazorla and Coquelin worked very good because they were so complementary too each other.

As a pair they definitely do, think weā€™ve already seen in the two friendlies something I alluded to on the previous forum, his aggressive decision making, on a few occasions he carelessly closed down the opposition player on the ball and was bypassed with ease. When you think of Cazorla partnering him, itā€™s an obvious concern because heā€™s also not athletically blessed.

Weā€™ll see when the season starts if thereā€™s any development in our game, in particular out of possession but if weā€™re our usual selves I think heā€™ll struggle.

1 Like

Personally Iā€™d like to see Cazorla at home and Elneny/Coq away. Xhaka has to start every game you donā€™t pay 35 mil to watch him ride the pine.

I agree.

But what we will most likely see is Wenger giving Ramsey another chance in the middle.

Ramsey will not cut it in the middle unless he plays under a new manager, simply doesnā€™t have the discipline or the ability to control the temp in a pivot.

Expect to see him out on the RW if anything unless we sign Mahrez I just donā€™t see happening as it would adversely affect Wengerā€™s age old favorites.

Thanks mate. Well thereā€™s one more now ! :ok_hand:t2:

I donā€™t believe Ramsey will ever cut it in the middle either. But the important issue isnā€™t what we think, its what Wenger thinks.