Granit Xhaka

No, it really actually is reading comprehension. Honestly, read again, the one that came before it too.

Just like you’ve misunderstood my stance on diving, which is probably too a reading comprehension issue. Tbh it tends to happen when I get in arguments with you (which I try to avoid), I remember it a good deal with the Ramsey vs. Ox on the right argument back in the day.

So in short his opinions are just not shit because they are his opinions lol, there’s no other good reason. Cuellar is just smarter than everyone else man! Best to come to terms with our being shit and Cuellar being the go to know it all about football especially.

I’ll concede as I have told you since that on the Ramsey Ox issue I was eventually wrong, and you were right. But that is where we differ, I’ll happily admit where I’m wrong, you’re far too stubborn.

I understand perfectly your stance on diving. That if the player does not simulate he might not get the attention of the referee, and in turn being “too honest” won’t help his team win. As I say every time the issue is brought up, I lambasted Pippo for it, it’s dishonourable and pathetic. It is not the kind of thing I got into the sport for, nor should it be so prevalent and acceptable as you seem to want to make a case for.

Not everyone else. There’s a number of posters here whose opinion I actually defer to because they watch more football than I do/have more tactical knowledge than me. It’s just you’re not one of them. :slight_smile:

@Gio man, I defended Wenger loads on this forum, and had no qualms admitting I was wrong. I was wrong about Iwobi not being a worthwhile prospect, I even fully admitted (and practically had to commit penance to the Ramseyboys) to being wrong about Ramsey when it was actually far too early to admit I was wrong, did the same with Giroud etc. Anyone with as many posts as you or I have has been wrong a number of times, and I’m really not too stubborn at all to admit being wrong. If anything I’ve always been incredibly eager to admit I was wrong especially when my opinion was a negative one and the reality looked a bit more positive, because that’s good for Arsenal and being an optimist and an Arsenal fan I like to believe positive realities for Arsenal. :slight_smile:

That isn’t really my stance. It’s not like I’m pro-diving. I just don’t see it to be nearly as big of an issue as say, reckless tackling, which, because it’s not seen as unmanly, is far less demonised within UK, or poor refereeing/not taking obvious steps to aid the standard of refereeing with technology, for example.

Well I guess I just haven’t been around to see your admittance of such incorrectness then, my bad for sure.

You’ve said before that is exactly your stance as regards to diving, don’t pretend otherwise now.

Regardless, very often there’s an air of superiority about the comments you make and they’re often said in a sarcastic tone, implying the person you’re countering (often in third person so not directly) is stupid for not knowing something the “mighty” Cuellar knows. Just gets really tiring as I’m sure my complaining about everything else on here can for other people, though I’d argue moreso your attitude is fractious than mine for the majority.

1 Like

Very true.

Not that i am any less of a culprit, but AC if you tone down on ‘lols’ and describe why you disagree & not speak in coded language which leads to misinterpretation; I am sure plenty more will agree with you.

So much is lost when you use the superiority tone.
Recently your obsession about hating Coq was not clear until I bugged you about it and then i understood your stance & agreed to it.

Again, I am guilty of similar attitude but I am more moody, while you are always sarcastically dismissive.

100x agree with the point about reckless tackling, but imho the leagues should adopt retrospective video tech for both violent conduct/reckless tackling and for diving and do serious bans/fines…

I also don’t understand the neanderthal old-school mentality that aggressive, dangerous tackling is somehow ok and that we have just gone soft. I’d rather watch the Messi’s of the world flourish than the Stoke troglodyte anti-football.

Yeh, there’s definitely more to the stance and what you wrote there covers a small part of it (it was actually, though: if a player beats a defender through skill, and goes down because the defender sticks out a leg and he anticipates contact, it should be a foul and not considered a dive regardless of contact materialising or not). We could continue the discussion in another thread…

Yea, I do use irony and sarcasm, one because that’s my personality and two because it saves time/is less tiring. Ill always give a reasoned out post the first time, sometimes even the second, like with BradyMagic and Arteta isn’t a DM for example, but after 3 or 4 attempts you can’t help but resort to irony and incredulity. And some opinions, frankly, like Trump’s, or like a4tt’s ‘La liga is full of shit teams anyone can score loads of goals there padding their stats against the little minnows which are nothing like the quality in the PL’ don’t reserve more than a snide response.

Aww Cuellar loves me, I think that’s 6 times he’s mentioned me today in his posting. Besitos Cuellarito!! :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Excellent game.
Will be first choice from here on.

2 Likes

This was the best game I’ve seen from him so far. Admittedly the pressure wasn’t exactly on for long periods of the game and that’s where Santi excels, he is so quick and nimble when opponents congest and we’re under pressure. But hopefully this is a taste of what’s to come, love it if he can just step in and do an alright job until Santi is back.

2 Likes

Yes, very good performance.

Great game from him, Wenger didn’t spend the £££ on him for nothing, when he’s fully acclimatised and the midfield is built around him he’ll ball for fun.

1 Like

YESSS. Great performance.

1 Like

Very good performance.

Massive performance. His vision is incredible, loves to play the ball and to fight to reconquer. Finally we have a strong deep-lying midfielder.

Good lad

Thought he was decent today. Still got skinned for pace at times though and he wasn’t passing forward as much as I’d have liked.

How was he doing in terms of replacing Cazorla? We looking a little better? I missed 2nd half…

Was very good today. Promising partnership and hopefully means we can have a decent midfield again with King Santi MIA.