Granit Xhaka

Is being called a ‘football hipster’ seen as a provocation these days? LOL

Nothing really interesting on either side of the argument and quite sad that the post above will have 10+ likes by the end of the day.

2 Likes

OK jeez, we get it, you really really hate being called a hipster :joy:

By the way maybe you should think harder about your non shit football opinions because up until about 6 months ago we agreed on a lot of things, that’s a beautiful selective memory you’ve got there AC. Seems you’ve got perfect recollection of when I started watching football oddly, but you can’t remember that you defended Wenger to the death for as long as you’ve been here. :grin:

3 Likes

Anyone being offended by the term football hipster, or anyone believing that we are in anyway responsible for what AC is posting, is a fucking retard…

Just so we are clear. @CunningLinguist

2 Likes

Right, I’m deleting any more hipster/retard related bollocks that gets posted about in this thread. Back to Granit or STFU please.

5 Likes

Buuuutttt… I am hearing Granit is quite the hipster! Can’t you just imagine him with a beret and cognac at the club?

:grin:

1 Like

Fuck it, you found a loophole!

If the worst you ever get called is a hipster then your life aint that bad in the bubble !

2 Likes

Xhaka and Elneny are at the moment the best couple to put on midfield. They have the quality to recover the ball (not good as Coquelin but they aren’t totally uncapable) and to have the control of the game with the ball.

When Santi will be fit, another talk will be necessary to understand who deserve to go on the bench, but now, with Cazorla out, Ramsey not good in every positions, Granit and Momo are the best for us.

Elneny is a great squad option to have but not comfortable with him being a constant starter.

As God once said after forming planets “Let there be rotation”

Yeah in an ideal world we got a young WC replacement for Santi (when he goes) and he played alongside either Le Coq/EL Neny/Xhaka and one or more of those surplus was sold. Possible Jack slides back in there in rotation, but I’m not sure about him at this point.

1 Like

I’ve never played for a team. I’ve played ice hockey to a decent level and still don’t profess to having an opinion with more weight on the sport than those who have not. Football wise I’ve only played for fun really, 11 a side always bored me as a kid so five a side was my thing.

So despite this complete lack of justification for my opinions (according to your profound logic) Istill know that above most others on here you spout some absolute convoluted pretentious fucking drivel mate, whether you’ve played to a good level or not.

Edit: sorry shammy didn’t see your post, I’m only having a go at cuellar I think for the good of the forum you can let my post stay.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha min lille frikadelle brilliant

Never knew Xhaka was such a hipster! Or at least that’s what the tone of the last 50 posts seems to be all about :poldi:

1 Like

Can we have Trion and ArseneCuellar face off in a meme battle?

2 Likes

That was more in reference to Schneiderlin and creativity is obviously a strength of Xhaka.

The pace and adaption argument does have some plausability though. English scouts contary to their continental counter parts pick youngsters based on physical pace, power and size. We probably do have more pace merchants and big bullies because that’s what scouts look for. I know a youth coach who was asked by a scout ‘Have you got any big black lads for me’?

Pires was put on the bench for his first game so he could see how physical the English game was and was shocked by it by all acounts. Refs are more lenient of fouls.

Elneny was also not put in the team straight away and was benched by Flamini of all people. So he was given quite a bit of time to adapt.

1 Like

You obviously don’t read very well. Try again.

@a4tt not really. Within being Wenger defenders you, Trion, and I rarely ever agreed, actually, because besides sharing a belief in the man you, as you do now, tended to talk shit, which made it hard to agree with you two. And I haven’t been defending Wenger consistently since 2013-14 season. 2014-15 I started losing faith before regaining it a bit with the strong spring, and losing it completely by the autumn of last of course. Here you are though, criticising me for accepting the reality despite having an obvious predisposition to want to believe and admire the man, while you continue to bury your head in the sand long after the reality has become obvious. Go figure.

@coatmaker right, but you don’t have to counteract pace with pace, in fact tactically/technically limited players are perfectly countered by players who help to control and create, and play with intelligence (which might explain why Xhaka succeeded in a high tempo, pacey league like in Germany) It’s just that Wenger doesn’t really do it with any efficacy at this point. Maybe the lace thing would make sense if it were a game like Pires, but it’s now December and Wenger has failed to integrate Xhaka into a midfield whose options are wholly undesirable in the absence of Cazorla. Elneny did indeed take too long to integrate, as the bar with Flamini is amazingly far lower even than it is with Coquelin Ramsey and the Egyptian himself, but it took about a month, not a full pre-season and the first 4 months of the season. One error by Wenger doesn’t explain an even bigger and more confusing one (and here was I thinking that the Flamini stuff last season would be hard to surpass).

You’re such a fucking child honestly. You are not holier than anyone else despite your obvious implied professions to the contrary.

3 Likes

I second this.

here, I’ll even quote the part that made me feel it was completely pointless to post to your either straw-man or completely- missing-the-point post:

You get worked up and start throwing insults–some might say like a child–more than any member I’ve engaged with here, so here’s another irony to add to the one referred to in the post I quote because you either missed it or willingly missed it so to talk shit.

You know damn well you related to Trion with your comment about him not having played football so what does he know.

If you have to resort to bringing up reading comprehension to make yourself feel clever or “correct” so be it, but don’t pretend it’s not completely childish to do so.

Your opinions are shit because you see diving as a fair part of the game. It really confuses me when you say you’re not a Barcellona fan, your approach and appreciation is so in line with the stereotype that exists for them.

2 Likes