Granit Xhaka

He wasn’t brilliant but he was good for the most part I thought especially in the second half.

pretty shite first half, ok in the 2nd, over all not particularly impressive and he hasn’t been since he arrived. Wenger is perfectly correct, he needs to adapt.

Elneny is not the Cazorla type but someone has to play next to Coq in difficult games so Elneny was the correct choice, no matter how biased you are there is not much between the two right now anyway, they’re both barely ok and far from Cazorla.

1 Like

There you have it lads.
Latest Hipster opinion.

4 Likes

It’s not.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Here comes the defender.

Lately the word hipster on this forum seems to mean ‘someone who has an idea of what he’s talking about’.

2 Likes

That’s the sort of thing a hipster would say.

10 Likes

Never in the entire history of the world has the word hipster meant that.

1 Like

No doubt, that’s why it’s a pretty interesting use of English by the likes of Trion A4tt and co.

1 Like

You are almost a perfect depiction of the word “hipster” tbh :smile:

3 Likes

Says the guy who picked up following “soccer” only a few years ago and now spouts endless crap on a football forum despite not having a clue. It’s really rich coming from you cause only in USA do actual hipsters follow football, because they think it’s cool and cosmopolitan. Believe it or not for a European hipsterism and football don’t go together, in countries where football has always been the mainstream sport and it would be impossible to pick it up as a fancy new hobby in 2005 and find it to be hip. I invite you to come to the most hipster part of Madrid or Barcelona, sit down in a square and drink a beer with a group of hipsters and start talking about football. They’ll immediately put on a face similar to the one I tend to get when I read one of your posts.

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::open_mouth:

At least he has a reason to follow Arsenal, because a US or an Indian resident has no choice but to follow a foreign club.

You following Arsenal is completely a hipster move.
“Everyone around me supports Spanish clubs. No can’t do with no Madrid clubs. Have to support a non Spanish club to be unique.”

4 Likes

The MLS has been established in 1996 and has been growing a lot the last 10 years or so. The US has an actual ‘soccer’ League :wink:.

Going back to the issue of Xhaka adapting I think it’s more complicated than going from a league without pressing to one with pressing/pace. We all know Dortmund, Leverkuson and Bayern press intensely. Overall though I do believe the depth of quality in the PL to be better because of the greater money bringing in better players.

The other issue is Xhaka has gone from a small team to a big team. Schneiderlin did the same within the PL and has never lived upto expectations. The expectations are higher at a bigger club and the style of play less forgiving. We commit more players forward making defender more difficult and we expect midfielders to offer creativity and precision passing. Schneiderlin doesn’t offer enough going forward and Xhaka currently has defensive frailties. With Xhaka he needs to adapt his positional game.

Some people have talked about Xhaka having issues being pressed, but he actually had one of the best take on percentage in BL over the past few years.

Indian league is there since I guess 40-50 years but the coverage is non existent and watched them in stadium…crap football.
Watching PL was amazing and non Europeans are bound to be drawn to CL and stuffs.

Yeh except it wasn’t anything like that, but of course how would you know? Shouldn’t stop you from talking shit though, naturally, as you and a4tt are absolute connoisseurs of the art.

Was it not?
You are right, how would I know. I am sorry since I don’t have insights of your life, just like you don’t for a4tt’s.

3 Likes

Hipster confirmed.

2 Likes