Granit Xhaka

And Petit/Gilberto/Flamini?

1 Like

Petit and Gilberto could still play football, they weren’t like Coquelin who is so much more limited. My mistake for forgetting them though, but both those players were far more useful than Coquelin will ever be.

A player like Vidal is basically a much better Coquelin with some of Santi’s ridiculous ability. A player like that next to Cazorla or hell even instead of and next to Xhaka would be incredible.

I was talking about a type of games like against Man United and PSG. Cazorla, in this case, is better because isn’t slow like him. Santi is a masterclass midfielder who can “jump the pressing”, differently than Granit.

What money? Have you read about what Kroenke’s done to his other sport’s franchises? They’ve all had minimal investment and been ran for profit.

SRCJJ was referring in his post to ‘a host of wealthy people within the club’, not Kroenke per se. But obviously you don’t buy that.

1 Like

Count Alexis as a striker thats fine, he still isn’t a 30 goal a season striker, and with him upfront our wing options are worse than any top club in Europe by some margin.

We really do need another body there. I hope the rise of Iwobi doesn’t hold Wenger back to make that signing.

Mhikitaryan please.

Knowing Wenger it will which is just a shame, Iwobi is a promising young player but shouldn’t yet be a regular starter for a club hoping to win the EPL/ compete in the latter part of the Champions League.

AFC might not be M15 but they dont like stories getting out which is why the coaching staff is hideously overpaid and under qualified . I know personally 4 people on the set up 2 ive known for 25 + years .I used to know a few more in the Office staff but the have moved on. Gazidis and Wenger are very good at keeping any hint of negativity out of the news. Im not saying thats a bad thing but If I told you of some of the shit I know it would cause a witchunt from within and people have been outed in the past for leaks. when i do say about things that happened its beccause i do know not cos i make it up but old trion finds this hard to beleive. when u have lived on the manor and been around the club for 40 years or so its not so surprising that you know people,and people talk in pubs at home news gets around but not as much as it used to.

4 Likes

He doesn’t find it hard to believe. He just flat out denies or ignores any negative criticism aimed at Wenger.

1 Like

Yeah if they are stupid shit like ‘Xhaka was forced on Wenger’ & ‘Wenger didn’t ask for checks’.

‘Host of wealthy people in the club’, who if not the owner, there isn’t anyone bankrolling Arsenal. You could point to funds in the bank but Gazidis has said that money isn’t available in the past and it likely is borrowed against.

Go on them mate, which BBC journo are you chums with, where did you meet him, I mean it obviously did definitely happen after all.

1 Like

So he gets the ball to Ozil from deep. Like Santi.

So coquelin wins the ball in a strong tackle, lays it off to Xhaka who then pings it to Ozil who sets up the goal. Ideally.

Problem is, so far I haven’t seen him pass all that well for us… if he is intended to be able to play that longer through ball into channels and ping it into our striker’s feet, etc., he has to show a LOT more accuracy than he has for us so far.

He is great when allowed the time to pick a pass. For me he’s not a replacement for Cazorla at all because he’s shown no ability to dribble out of tight spots and avoid that high pressure that every club and their mom employ these days. In fact his clumsiness with the ball at his feet had already caused us to concede a silly goal, I can’t remember which match it was. I’d rather him play alongside a Cazorla type, I love Coq but I’d rather have a couple guys back there that are all around polished jack of all trade types.

Wilshere and Cazorla are only players who would suit him.
But gosh I wish he was a bit more athletic.
That’s the only thing stopping him from starting over Coquelin.

He was pinging all kinds of long balls before he was sent off against Swansea