Granit Xhaka

Impressive troll work by @Trion today , just in time for for awards season :ramsey:

2 Likes

So Wenger said he still needs to adapt to the Premier League. But if you don’t play him how can he get used to it?

1 Like

Yea you were obviously bullshitting. BBC journalists don’t visit you mum’s basement.

1 Like

It’s the internet so you’re entitled to be sceptical, it’s natural to be honest.

But SRCJJ has been a member of this forum for something like 12 years, and in the ten years I’ve been posting I’ve not once see him try to act like he is in the know or has sources. He’s never come across as a bullshitter like so many do, and I think the other posters on here who have been around for a similar length of time would agree with me on that.

5 Likes

More because SRCJJ is a bit too thick too thick to be running in the same circles as BBC journalists. That and it being obvious bullshit

In no world is this even remotely funny mate.

As for the “too thick” part I don’t know why you’re trying so hard to be funny as opposed to engaging in an intelligent debate. But what has become abundantly obvious is that those who so ardently support Wenger don’t have any interest in intelligent debate.

1 Like

It’s always wise to remember that Arsenal isn’t MI5, and there will always be an individual privy to certain pieces of information at any point of any season.

Obviously some bullshitters out there, but as jake alluded to, no reason not to believe @SRCJJ.

1 Like

If what SRCJJ is claiming is true, it wasn’t a smart move by Arsene indeed, both competitively and business-wise. You guys have been claiming Arsenal hasn’t been competitive/winning, because of a lack of money. So if he had asked for that money and got it, he probably would have success, as you’ll have been claiming persistently, which would mean the value of Arsenal Football Club would have grown. Those investors/shareholders(?) would have had more valuable shares, Arsenal would have been a bigger brand, which would mean having a better bargaining position and having more money to ask from Puma or Nike and with Emirates. We might have never lost our position in the Premier League landscape. Now we are going nowhere really.

1 Like

What was the source? I’m sure you’re aware that “I read during the summer” is by far the least credible base for any supposed evidence in all of football at the highest level. You’ve presented no further evidence there at all.

But the overall point about Wenger is virtually unquestionable. We don’t need any more reason to see how far behind Wenger is from his competition. It’s there for us to see week in, week out, over many years and many different squads.

He has hit his ceiling for life. Unless he shows a miraculous change of tact he will fall a long way short again this season.

1 Like

OK I went too far insulting you but being disingenous is not intelligent debate. You even wrote ‘you might not believe’ it after you wrote it. Then you made up some other nonsense about Wenger being forced to spend money on Xhaka like that’d ever happen.

I think this is likely true and frankly there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I don’t see it as ego, either. All those things are totally fine and admirable, what does it have to do with ego, really? It seems to have to do with philosophy and beliefs…

The problem is simply he’s just not good enough to pull them off. I would love a manager who wanted to do those exact same things, but was just much, much better at it.

Yeh, he does this a lot. Either misses the point completely or willingly misses it, and then tells you you are ‘diverting’ or some shit.

1 Like

The people at Arsenal aren’t* blind to the correlation that more success on the pitch leads to better commercial performance off the pitch. Issue is that spending money alone doesn’t not guarantee success or even increase your chances of doing well.

Disagree that we’re going nowhere, the club is in a extremely good position to move forward

Yup. We played good football once this season so far and maybe three times in all of last season. At the moment his 2007 and 2008 teams played far more attractive and effectively with their energetic, technical and incisive style. He can’t set up that kind of synergy any more on a consistent basis.

1 Like

If United didn’t have the success they had I don’t think they would have become the commercial behemoth they are today. Liverpool is also still relevant in that regard mostly because of the Shankly/Paisley/Fagan-Era.

I don’t see how spending money has no correlation with success. Look at Chelsea, City, PSG…and it was what the likes of Trion have been claiming anyway. Wenger can’t compete, because of the lack of money.

I will add, the info about the club being able to sign any player Wenger wanted is hardly a revelation. It’s actually consistent with what Gazidis has publicly said too.

1 Like

The thing it contradicts Wenger’s own claims, ie ‘I have to make a 20 million profit every year’. Then as soon as we get better sponsorship deals he buys Ozil and then Alexis.

But if he would have taken that money, he would not have to worry about ‘making 20 million profit every year’ and be fully focused on the competitive side. In hindsight, and if those claims are true, he took a baseball bat and broke his own kneecaps by refusing outside investment. At least according to the camp which claims he would have been more succesful if he had money.

Ah right, this whole discussion is about outside Investment?

We run a much cleaner operation when the club is completely self sufficient. I’ve always been against any form of external investment in this club. Looking at our current situation now on and off the pitch It turned out we definitely didn’t need it.

Self sustainability is the best model to pursue in football

Right. Was watching suicide squad, so couldn’t reply.
Those suicide squad fuckers made more sense than some of you folks.

I don’t know if SRCJJ meant money from outside or money from Kroenke/Usmanov/Moshiri or whoever was involved with Arsenal to be clear.

The transition from Highbury to Emirates could have gone much smoother. Plus we did lost a decent amount of ground in the Premier League, I don’t know if a new manager is going to make us instant contenders.