Granit Xhaka

As I said no need to discuss with people like you who would probably measure the amount of sugar Wenger has in his tea and criticise him on it.
I rather mock.

What do you think of his choice of tie?
Sucks? Ofcourse.

Or maybe he is forced to wear them ties

1 Like

More poor posting and frankly embarrassing attempts at humour.

2 Likes

You may read in summer that I was forced to make poor posts and frankly embarrassing attempts at humour.

1 Like

It’s true that all of the top players that left, went for decent money and Wenger couldn’t do much to stop them.

The problem with selling RVP was that he went to our biggest rivals, h is move almost guaranteed Ferguson would win the league, and he was replaced with an inadequate player.

Also, we are still waiting for an adequate replacement for him, even though since he left Man U, they have replaced him with more than one quality striker.

Who?

Martial, Ibrahimovich and Rashford.

If those are adequate replacement then Giroud counts as adequate replacement.

1 Like

I dont believe he’d have stayed if that’s what actually happened. I take you at your word that you’re repeating what you’ve been told, I just dont believe it.

Sham RVP told the club he wasnt going to sign an extention but would honour his contract ,Gazidis and Wenger had a meeting at Wengers house and they couldnt change his mind. So Gazidis took the decision to sell. Same thing happened with Nasri who said he would honour his contract ,went on the far east tour and happily played for us b4 bieng sold off to City.
Fabregas was different in that he said he was told by wenger that if he gave him 1 more season he would let him return to barca ,when wenger renaged they had as massive and very nasty verbal fight and Fabregas refused to go on the tour and effectively went on strike .Gazidis stepped in and do the best deal he could do which wasnt easy cos he had no leverage . The row is why wenger wouldnt have him back ,they have barely spoken since . Wenger would rather keep the players even if the can walk on a free but the board wouldnt let that happen.

1 Like

Cool story bro, you got any more stories that never actually happened that you’d like to share? We all want to hear your ITK tales

5 Likes

Giroud is as good as he is going to get.
Both Rashford and Martial have far more potential.

For a top European club, it’s staggering that since we have sold RVP, Giroud has been our first choice striker, with only Sanago, Bendtner, and a rarely fit Welbeck and Walcott, as competition
It’s only this season that Wenger has done anything about it, playing Sanchez as a striker, because Wenger failed yet again to buy one.

The fact is we still haven’t replaced RVP, and you are still defending that decision.

1 Like

No, no, no - if you believe Brady (the poor sod), AW forced RVP out.

:joy:

1 Like

We have replaced him though. You keep twisting things to suit your opinion.

You: we play Alexis there because Wenger failed to buy a striker.

When in reality we probably play Alexis there because we wanted him to go there, since he also occupies a striking position for his National team, he was a viable option.

Which in turn opened up the opportunity to bring Iwobi into the first team.

You need 2 or 3 top attackers though. Saying Alexis is the answer is kind of sideways reasoning anyway since he is by far our best left-sided attacker (and our best right-sided attacker as well). Ozil would probably be a better striker than some of the knuckleheads parading at striker for us (Sanogo, Arshavin, Bendtner), but he shouldn’t be playing striker for us.

And RVP was about 12-13 windows ago and only now is Sanchez playing semi-reliably at striker. It is a completely fair criticism to say we have not properly replaced our attacking talent pool since RVP left. We have had other problem areas too (either due to quality or depth), but striker (or attack in general) is the most glaring and most sad since we used to have such brilliant attacking players.

1 Like

I don’t care.
They are yet to replace Persie to the extent of class he was.

It’s second season without Persie and for all their money, they are yet to bring in 35 goals striker.

When a team capable of spending 200m in one window is unable to bring in a world class striker, I find it ridiculous that Arsenal is expected to do better.

1 Like

Oh and it was summer of 2012 when he left - FOR UNITED (who promptly won the title). Counting that window, we have:

Summer 2012
Winter 2012
Summer 2013
Winter 2013
Summer 2014
Winter 2014
Summer 2015
Winter 2015
Summer 2016

Only 9 windows - I got it wrong above. However, that is still a LONG, LONG time to either find a top talent or two or hopefully pluck a top prospect and see him develop a little bit - right now we have as our main strikers (not counting Alexis):

Giroud
Welbeck
Perez
Akpom

None of those to me are top talent nor likely to develop into top talent. If you put Sanchez at striker, then you have a diabolical problem in our wing attacking options: Iwobi, Ox, Theo, Perez, Ramsey - FFS that is an absolute joke for a top team.

2 Likes

One thing I mentioned was I was told the story by a BBC journalist. One thing I didn’t say was that it was the unequivocal truth. I simply said that events over the last five years have led me to believe it is true.

But just another poor attempt at sarcastic humour. Whatever happened to the likes of Sol, Number7 and Bavin. They were funny.

Why the fuck wouldn’t you count the guy that’s been our striker all season?

The bias is real.

Even if you count him, but it is still 8 windows late (he hasn’t reliably been striker for us until this year) at best and creates a different problem, weakness in attack elsewhere because he is our best LW (and RW) option - and is better suited to LW imho… It is fine to have ONE proper striking option (Alexis) if you have a wealth of wing attack options. We don’t.

Frankly, after Sanchez and Ozil, our best attacking player is very likely Giroud (makes we want to cry to say this) and by putting Sanchez up top you keep our third best option out of the team AND you force a situation where 2 of: Theo, Ox, Iwobi, and Ramsey have to play wings - that is sh*t.

The problem is really about quality and quantity of attacking talent. If I were to outline ALL the wingers and attackers we have had to endure since the Invincibles, there simply aren’t nearly enough top players in that pool and so many mediocre players (or worse). And never a critical mass, which is really the key point re: competing for titles.

Seriously, this isn’t about bias, it is about looking at the data objectively.

1 Like

Don’t think @SRCJJ is the type of dude to bullshit tbh, why is it not true because it paints Wenger in a negative light?

1 Like