Gonzalo Higuaín

Their chances of qualifying for the Champions league would take quite the hit though.

But that’s going to happen anyway or is the alternative for them that he stays?

I think best case scenario for them besides him staying is a cash + player offer, and if that’s what we’re offering they should take it. Even with a load of cash in their bank, finding a striker of Giroud’s quality will prove difficult.

Anyone thinking that Arsenal have bid 50 million plus Giroud for Gonzo is clearly on some very heavy drugs.
We are linked with everyone and involved with no one.
Im sure as we speak we are rummaging around in the bargain basements of europes lower leagues.

2 Likes

Like we did when we bought Xhaka for £30m. Or Özil from Real Madrid for £42m. Or Cech from Chelsea. Or Sanchez from Barcelona eh you crying fucking cunt. Bet you spend £50m on paper towels to dry your tears every month anyway, why don’t you cheer up and buy us a player you won’t cry about all fucking day and everybody wins?

raptor jesus this attitude annoys me lol

8 Likes

I guess those drugs make you pretty aggressive and keep you up late there oompa .

No not really, I’m this aggressive without drugs but just like everything else you are wrong about I bet you’ll find a way to cry about that all day every day from now on too.

4 Likes

Now, now children. If you can’t say anything nice…

Your aggresive behind a keyboard but im sure your a pussycat in real life .

We shall see whos right soon . We havent replaced RVP yet and he left a while back .

1 Like

A lot of people here have been Arsenal fans for many years. I really don’t know how you can believe 50m + Giroud is something Wenger would even consider. This has literally has zero percent chance of happening.

Ehh, this is precisely the kind of thing that was said/would be said in the days before Özil was signed.

The situations are not even remotely similar.
Ozil wasn’t near 30 and he was cheap IMO. Ozil could have easily went for 60m.

I reckon we are just being used as per Vardy situation.

Have to say having to spend 40m plus on 29year old is bit non-Arsenal like.
We would get neither the years or resale value from this.
But we are desperate.

Yes last time we tried to get Higuain we ended up with Ozil .
It’s like going out to by a leg of lamb and coming back with a steak .
They are both nice to eat but very different .
We screwed around on Higauin and got Gazumped , I cannot see us paying the sort of money needed to secure him now using Giroud as 30 millionof bait !
But I could see a deal that sends Higauin to us, Alexis to Juve via Napoli with players going from Juve to Napoli plus cash !
But even that I reckon is remote and at the risk of incurring the wrath of the mighty oopmpah ,it is far more likely we will look for a player in the low 20’s (or less) of dubious pedigree on a punt !

I’m off for two days and there’s 80 posts in the Higuain thread. Ah the nostalgia.

For those lamenting a possible Giroud exit for lack of a “plan B”, we could find any old striker to score 16 league goals and be decent in the air. His temperament is questionable and he does not suit Arsenal. We might think he does because all we’ve seen of Arsenal the past 4 years is Giroud’s Arsenal but with him out of the way we’ll be better.

And let’s be honest, if we had Higuain he’d be playing 38 games a season with little to no rotation, just like Henry, just like RVP. Giroud isn’t going to be a bench player. Maybe with Walcott or Welbeck there’s a rotation and fighting for places but against a Higuain or a Suarez he’d be finished. The same way Szcz was off as soon as Cech rocked up and it’s likely Ospina will want out too. These positions are too important to be throwing people in and out of the team to make lesser players happy when you have super quality available.

4 Likes

I didn’t call you on whether we’d pay 50m + Giroud for Higuain but on the crap that we are linked with everyone and won’t sign anyone, as you have cried every window, and you do in this one after we already signed a player for £30m. And a “player in the low 20’s of dubious pedigree” in Asano fyi.

When called on your cynical diarrhoea you ramble on about drugs and wraths and whatnot instead. And yes I am an absolute pussycat irl, just because people write that you are a fucking crybaby doesn’t mean they’re not on resting heart rate, welcome to the internet. I also think the deal seems rather unlikely, that doesn’t mean I enjoy watching the new forums quickly become a personal toilet for a handful of crybabies and make it unbareable like the old one.

3 Likes

I don’t understand people who whinge and cry so much.

If Arsenal makes you that unhappy, why support them?

7 Likes

So if the bid is indeed 34 million pounds and Giroud I wonder if it will be enough to land him.

If this is going to happen it wont be until the last day of the window sadly. Plus if Giroud is part of the deal then i find that really strange. We will still be short a striker as Welbeck is out injured

I don’t see the striker depth as the strange thing.

It’s the swap deal; they only work if each party really wants to leave.

See Cole/Gallas; I cannot see the swap deal happening.