(Spoilers) House of the Dragon/Game of Thrones

Yeh we all saw it.

6 Likes

Loved it. Can’t wait to see what else Sam finds out and what happens to Jorah.

Episode 2 was back to tits, blood, fighting, gore and one of the best entrances in GOT history :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loved the episode.

Episode with Ed Sheeran - Dogshit.
Episode without Ed Sheeran - Awesome.

Hmm…

Yeah the first episode was a bit of a false start. This week was much more like it, things are hotting up nicely, it’s looking like Daenerys’ dragons will be central to defeating the white walkers which I’d long suspected.

There’s some epic stuff to come.

Nathalie Emmanuel in all her glory is a beautiful sight to behold.

8 Likes

'Tis a stupid show.

Fire breathing dragons defeating snow zombies? I can’t see how that would even be possible.

2 Likes

Not if one or two of them will die…

The writing has gone stupidly downhill at this point… some basic illogical and forced happenings highlighted in this page:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/07/24/this-is-what-worries-me-about-game-of-thrones-after-last-nights-episode/#14b9150b3b74

3 Likes

An interesting read, however could just be summed up with the following:

tl:dr books > show.

I think that will happen, but not till after that. I think the White Walkers will have to be dealt with before the final showdown with Cersei.

Interesting. I personally think the War for Westeros will cover the whole of season 7, and will end with the death of Cersei, and season 8 will be all about the White Walkers.

I think that’d be pretty terrible tbh. It would mean they’d have to start and finish this conflict with Cersei’s suicide squad in the 5 remaining episodes which probably wouldn’t leave much room for anything intriguing to happen apart from battles. We’ve seen very little from Tarly and Euron and for them to just be defeated in 5 episodes time would be a bit unsatisfying for me.

Oh and a whole season of Jon’s justice league vs white walkers would probably end up being a bit tedious too. In fact I’m already getting fed up with it.

I think they’ll end up happening side by side, with people too distracted by pointless squabbles in the south to seriously pay attention what’s going on up north until it’s too late. Cersei and Dany are power hungry cunts and most people don’t even believe white walkers are real yet so their war should drag on.

In fact I would say either of them “winning” that war before the white walkers come would be a bit dull. It getting interrupted with the world in chaos would be so much more interesting.

1 Like

That ballista made me very sad.

1 Like

My Sansa hate is slowly moving into view again. Stupid bint.

That would be more interesting indeed. But with how the first two episodes progressed I feel like they are setting up for a major battle this season. It would kill me if the outcome of that battle would be postponed until next season, because that would happen in the scenario you’re describing :smile:.

That ballista was a fucking joke. Given the amount of damage we have seen wildfire do, I am surprised they aren’t just upping that, setting kings landing as a trap, nuking Daenerys and moving on.

I’m really interested in seeing who mops up the mess after the white walkers have been defeated (IF…).

Anyone else wondering if Jon has now orchestrated his undoing by laying his hands on Littlefinger?

Throughout mythology, there is pretty much only one way to kill a dragon.