(Spoilers) House of the Dragon/Game of Thrones

3 Likes

oh shit. that’s awesome

They aren’t the same, I don’t think. The top pic has a larger range to the left, and also to the right.

It’s the same, knowing how big the writers are on references and easter eggs. They filmed both images on location in Kirkjufell, Iceland. They wouldn’t use the same place twice for two unrelated scenes.

The mountain features are the same but reversed. Jon his party approached that site from south, the below picture is facing that mountain from the North meaning the land of always winter wasn’t always the land of always winter which ties in to the origin of the WW.

The particular scene with the CoTF has relevance to origins of the White walkers, it not coincidence that later Jon and his party was lead there by the hound’s fire vision imo. Both establishing shots are identical for a reason, the writers emphasised the importance of the Hound’s vison

1 Like

Quite possible.

One Indian blogger had mental fit and claims Bran warged into long claw, saw everything and then informed Benjen.

It’s GOT but that’s too far fetched.

So did the WW change the temperature of the entire planet? And the fucked up seasons?

Seems to be a nice familiarity with Dorne being warm and the north being cold and the far north being arctic cold. Not sure how this would be explained.

But I guess we only know north by Westeros standards since there’s no north in Essos. In a comparable map of Europe, beyond the wall could be arctic circle Norway or a WW “cursed” England I’m guessing? We could be looking at a small part of the globe on the intro map. Ah fuck it I have no idea.

There a good video on Youtube that talks about this.

Also read that the map is based on the UK with an upside down Ireland attached to the bottom.

I think Dorne is meant to be an exotic Wales, given that it has Marcher Lords on its border lands.

1 Like

Spanish Moorish heritage is what I read before.

1 Like

I want danaerys to die.

Final season is slated to have 6 episodes? So what was originally going to be 2 books and circa 1200+ pages of story will have been condensed into 13ish episodes. Insert Kevin Sorbo disappointed gif.

I wonder what spin offs there’ll be? Dunk and Egg? Robert’s rebellion? This is way too much of a money maker for them to just stop here.

2 Likes

All Targaeryan everything.

1 Like

Hoping for Robert’s Rebellion.

Incidentally, this is a nerdy but cool YouTube vid on it… the whole channel is class:

1 Like

When you think about it like this, its not a surprise at all that the quality has decreased. They are literally telling a skin and bones story. 90% jettisoned. At least the books, when they finally come out, will be totally different and worth a read.

4 Likes

Tbf books always over a more extensive description of events. Same with Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter imo.

Found this on Reddit. The game of faces, why Arya DOESN’T suck. Wondered what you guys thought?

Foreshadowing: We have quotes from as far back as S6 suggesting that Arya will protect Sansa.

“No one can protect me." – Sansa, S6E9
“You need better guards.” – Arya to Sansa, S7E4
Protecting each other: After LF suggests Sansa use Brienne to intervene in the Arya-Sansa catfight, Sansa sends Brienne away and says that she has trusted guards here already. Sansa is not afraid of Arya, nor Littlefinger, and she doesn’t want the honorable Brienne involved in their lying and schemes.

Arya is trained in stealth: Arya was trained by assassins. She is far too stealthy to let LF know that he is being followed, unless she did this deliberately. In S7E4, Arya walks onto Brienne and Pod sparring just as Brienne says, “Don’t go where your enemy leads you.” In S7E6, the directors deliberately show us Sansa opening and closing a very squeaky door as she goes into Arya’s bedchamber. Yet Arya is able to sneak up on Sansa without a single noise.

Staged fights: When Arya confronts Sansa about the Northern lords talking badly about Jon in S7E5, the door is wide open. Similarly, when Arya confronts Sansa about the letter from S1, Arya projects her voice just as she is reading the letter. It’s almost as if they want someone to hear their fights.

The Game of Faces: In what seems to be the most psychotic Arya scene, Arya basically threatens to cut off Sansa’s face and pretend to be her. The entire scene is Arya playing the Game of Faces, presenting lies as truths. She even says that they are playing! She plays this game when she tells Sansa that she remembers Sansa standing on Ned’s execution stage – Sansa fought and screamed, and Arya knows this. Arya played the game when she told Sansa she would never serve the Lannisters – Arya served as Tywin’s cupbearer. Arya tells Sansa she wonders what it would be like to wear her face and her pretty dresses, to be Lady of Winterfell – we are beaten over the head since S1 that Arya HAS NEVER WANTED ANY OF THESE THINGS. Arya is playing the game of faces, and when she realizes Sansa hasn’t caught on to her lies, she hands her Littlefinger’s dagger, symbolically saying, “I trust you and want you to protect yourself from LF’s lies.”

The third eye: Do we really think there hasn’t been a single off-script scene where Bran tells them, “Hey, uh, LF kinda started the war of the Five Kings by lying about this dagger, betrayed our father, and is essentially the reason our whole family is dead.” We hear crows when LF comes out of the crypts with Jon, when Arya enters LF’s bedchambers, and again when LF and Sansa are talking in S7E6. These noises are very deliberate.

Sounds very convoluted to me.

Most of what’s above can be explained in simpler ways.

I just don’t trust the idea of Arya doing something like this after all the brilliant fan theories to explain her stupidity in Braavos, turned out to be plain old stupidity. The writers actually invented magic to save her from dying, rather than have her outwit the Waif. Theories need to fit what we know of the writing team. Odds on the sisters are having a genuine tiff.

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes