(Spoilers) House of the Dragon/Game of Thrones

Truly fantastic episode, the special effects were out of this world. Brilliant, brilliant.

2 Likes

If there ever was an episode for HD, that was it. Absolutely brilliant.

Are we free to talk about the episode now that it’s officially aired and that you’d have to be a complete fucking idiot to come in here without seeing it first?

Thank fucking christ the spoiler I saw yesterday wasn’t definitive. I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to that pretty, pretty face just yet.

Yeah I think theirs a theirs a twist to come regarding that

Worried that Jaime’s gold hand is going to weigh him down. Surely not dead though - he deserves a fuck off death and, while that whole scene was AMAZING, it didn’t have the closure of a Robb Stark / Ramsay Bolton etc. previous. Quality episode throughout - really enjoyed Arya and Brienne.

All people had to do was use spoiler tags, people were still free to talk about it as much as they wanted.

Lots of people really like this show and it’s good that they can come to this thread to discuss the show without spoilers. It’s not a big deal, asking people to use spoiler tags isn’t much of an imposition.

It kind of is though. In regard to talking about theories it’s incredibly difficult to have a genuine discussion without mentioning a previous episode. Therefore just about every post in here will have to be put in spoiler tags. And where is the line drawn, this week? The week before?

The rule of thumb - which was mostly just common sense- was don’t come to the thread until you have seen the latest episode. With the early release I think it’s fair that people were respectful to others, as you could easily have came in on Saturday night thinking that the discussion from last Sunday was still on going.

Though now that the show has officially aired, there is absolutely no reason we shouldn’t be freely able to talk about it.

Edit - @RichardDeP I thought you were talking about his armor, I never even thought about his prosthetic, though from what I’ve seen both are fairly easily removable, if anything the armor would be more difficult to take off.

1 Like

SPOILER

I think his brother is going to save him eventually. I don’t think it’s a coincedence Tyrion was at that battle. Plus he had seen everything.

2 Likes

No way he dies there. Will be a big moment when he does.

You can mention previous episodes. All I’m saying is use spoiler tags until it has been aired in the UK. Then you can say whatever you like without spoiler tags, just like everyone always does. I don’t understand how you think every post has to be in spoiler tags, the vast majority clearly won’t be.

Yeah this is basically all I’m asking for, and everyone obliged. I don’t see why you’re making it a big deal?

1 Like

Think one can swim in plate armour.

Yeah definitely not. I reckon he’ll save Bronn and Jaime cos they his mates.

Book stuff, possible show spoiler:

Arya to kill Littlefinger. In books I’m pretty sure that dagger is originally Littlefinger’s which he lost to Tyrion at a tourney when Joffrey born or something like that?

1 Like

This is incredible by the way… only just seen.

1 Like

Although most won’t know this guy - what’s with the celebrity guess appearances? They add no real value almost cheapens the show

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/894559230614786048

That’s exactly what I was asking to begin with in the first line of my first post you fucking dink. I was making sure that everyone was aware that the discussion of the two separate rips was over and that the content of the show was freely able to be discussed.

I wasn’t talking about the weekend, I was talking about from Sunday’s/todays official airing. Though I felt I made that quite obvious.

D&D have no shame at all…

You did make it obvious, I understood that entirely.

“Had” indicates past tense. I was defending why we didnt want spoilers up until it had aired in the UK, and I felt the need to do so because you came in here talking about people being fucking idiots if they came in this thread whilst hoping to avoid spoilers.

That’s your misunderstanding, not mine.

Which there was clearly no need to do as I acknowledged that.

You’ve left out the part right afterwards, where I explained that it was because you referred to people as fucking idiots if they came into the thread thinking there wouldn’t be spoilers. It’s really clear why I would then defend a rule I was an advocate for that benefits said fucking idiots.

I don’t know why you’re getting so sassy about it with me, that was your misunderstanding because you didn’t read which tense I used.

If we’re basically in agreement on when spoilers are allowed and when they aren’t we should just lay off the mean words like dink.

I felt I needed to dial it back from dweeb, didn’t want to sound aggressive.

Like I said, I was referring to people who came into the thread now that it had officially aired as idiots. You seemed to get sensitive and think I was speaking about people’s concerns from “this” weekend, when in reality I was just clearing the room incase anyone was straggling thinking we were still talking about the quality of the episodes.

I had it spoiled over the weekend and I completely understand why people wouldn’t want to read spoilers before it officially airs so I have no idea why you thought I was talking about people as idiots prior to the official release.