Season 1 - 9
Season 2 - 8
Season 3 - 9
Season 4 - 8
Season 5 - 4
Season 6 - 7

Where the fuck is Gendry?

1 Like

July 16 is official then. Such a long wait! I feel like rewatching last season just to keep me ticking over until then.

The first season was incredible, season 2 was okay, and then just a mad slide. Book person here so I won’t expound on my views too much, especially since I dropped the thing in disgust after Season 4.

Expound away my friend :slight_smile:

As a book reader, I totally agree. I won’t expound however, I’ve already done that to death!

I did watch that as a one-off, and maybe its not fair to judge without watching the rest of the season but I was not amazed. My personal favorite episodr from the show is Fire and Blood the season 1 finale. Drogo dies, Dany walks into fire to birth dragons, Jon tries to escape the Wall, and Yoren smuggles Arya out of the city. So mich excitement and plot furthering. Kind of a shame actualy since the dragons then go on to do precious little in both book and show (though at least in the book they dont get fucking kidnapped wtf).

I can’t remember the series or specific episode even, but the episode containing the Battle of Blackwater was fucking awesome.

Wildfire makes my balls all tingly just like that mad bastard Aerys.

6 Likes

The Red Wedding was lit af tbhqfimo :dancer:

Yeah I think Blackwater was the most “oooh shiitttt” episode for me (I think it was season 2 episode 9). My favourite though definitely was Oberyn v Mountain. If I didn’t know what was about to happen I’d have completely lost my shit. The effects on the face boom and the way it just ends, I was still in complete shock.

Bastards was just way too predictable for me. Jon would be stupid and fail with tactics, have a weaker team, get them all killed, Sansa would turn up and save him with some white knights. The whole point of the first 4 seasons or so was utter disbelief at some of the shit that was happening (neds head, jamies hand, red wedding, joff wedding, but you knew this was what was going to happen 5 episodes before.

Then again, it was the highest budget, most epic, most brutal, best shot, and the protagonist wins which are all positives so I can see why people like it.

2 Likes

Yeah blackwater was my favourite, especially with the buildup as they made Stannis out to be a beast.

1 Like

If we’re talking the latest series, as epic as the spectacle of the Battle of the Bastards was, I preferred the final episode. @Craigie I think you’ve summed up the BoB perfectly.

The sequence with Cersei in the Red Keep/everyone in the Sept of Baelor/Lancel in the underground passages was up there with any other. The way it was shot and the special effects were breathtaking were brilliant but best of all was the use of music. That was one of the bits of the later series that stand up to comparison with any of the great scenes/sequences of the earlier series imo.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/JxWfvtnHtS0

The Mountain vs Oberyn was phenomemal. The show absolutely nailed that one, I was shivering by the end of it, and that after knowing what was going to happen from before.

It was more the epicness of it…For a tv show it was immense…

1 Like

While the show is basically becoming worse with every season, there were still some great moments.
Jamie Lannister getting his hand cut off, followed by an immediate cut (ha!) and

was proper verfremdungseffekt. Loved it.

Just over a week left!!! Can’t wait for season 7.

2 Likes

:giroud3:

That scene with Ed Sheeran, jesus, what a pile of piss.

4 Likes