Francis Coquelin

His intensity has dropped this year for sure. I think it’s partly he was playing out of his skin to prove himself when he made his breakthrough and now he isn’t so much.

My response to his post is completely justified, no need to chime in with your little two cents at all.

Justified - good show, that.

Great show. Walton Goggins is the man.

@Castiel hahahaha you sure can

Well duh.

But I’m not the one who is mentioning Coquelin’s defensive stats all the time. Only just a few weeks ago there was a Squawka comparison that was supposed to prove that he’s better than Kanté…

And again, his defensive stats are still just as good as they’ve always been. So the argument that unlike in the previous two seasons, he’s now not doing any defending, is not true. His flaws are just becoming more obvious now when he doesn’t have anyone doing all the work in possession.

Also, it’s funny how you and the other Coquelin fans, are quick to point out that stats are bullshit as soon as you mention other midfielders’ stats.

I only mentioned Arteta because for some reason, you still rarely see him described as a “ball winner” even though he was making more than 5 tackles per 90 in the 13-14 season. Flamini was also supposedly “bringing something new” when he first joined. I disagreed with that back then, just like how I disagree with how Coquelin ever brought something new.

2 Likes

So you think Kante would have picked Arsenal up by the scruff of the neck last night and made some shit happen?

That isn’t the job of a DM though is it?

One thing is for certain the midfield wouldn’t have been so much of a shit show with Kante in it plus y’know he actually would’ve defended.

As i said. Tackle stats in isolation are meaningless. Why is that concept so alien to you?

Further, stats as a whole in isolation are limited. You need to take a hollistic approach when analysing them and really try to understand their context.

Saying Arteta made more tackles per game and expecting that to mean anything valuable is foolhardy.

I just think that if you rate Kante you have to rate Coq, because when I watch them I don’t see all that much of a difference in quality. Kante has played two seasons back to back in a team that preaches organization at the back. Coq is in a team who throw all caution to the wind and he’s stuck with the mop up work most of the time.

You don’t see much difference in quality because you don’t watch Kante play or you’re so blinded by your love for all things Arsenal. Most likely a combination of both.

Seriously. It’s so boring now. You don’t get a medal for your dedication to bias. You get ridiculed.

2 Likes

If you can’t see much difference between you either don’t watch enough of one of the two players in question or you’re blinded by bias.

There gulf between them is as clear as day, there really is absolutely no debate to be had here.

1 Like

Is there an echo in here? :smile:

But imo same style and skillset as kante, but zero execution.

I see every PL match here because I get every single one on TV. I watch Kante a lot, and watch Chelsea all the time. Watched him last year too. He’s a menace no doubt, but everything he does Coq can do and he does so in a more disorganized team with less help. Maybe it’s just you guys listen too much to the media hype and don’t have an original idea of your own. Also I’d suggest that because Arsenal let you down so often it’s started to creep into your mind our players aren’t quite as good.

Kante has way more box to box about him and is quite quick with his feet and the pass. Underrated technically because he is so good at the job of destroyer.

Le Coq has has his moments - he definitely seems to have really regressed and this is a disturbing pattern with a number of our midfielders bar Cazorla.

I think his time as a key player here is likely waning, the problem is we don’t really have any realistic options suddenly with Cazorla injured (and older), Ramsey sh*t, and Xhaka looking lost still. El Neny looks like a decent option but to me he is squad player, not someone who should be starting every game.

Sad if he’s more box to box and Coq still creates more chances, has more assists and a better offensive rating.

Blinded by bias it is then

2 Likes

Out of curiosity do you watch kante often?

It’s a guarantee that if Kante were on our team he’d be getting blasted because he’s a lot like Coq, ery very limited he’s even worse with the ball at his feet and he’s not a very good passer. Put Coq Chelsea and they are still running away with the league.

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like