Francis Coquelin

Why was that a yellow card?

@Castiel I told you he was the best DM in the league!!

1 Like

His passing has improved a lot. Just need to add goals to his skills.

It was time wasting

Definitely the best pure destroyer in the league no doubt.

For a pure destroyer, his passing and dribbling ainā€™t half bad.

Maybe heā€™ll takeover from Santi.

2 Likes

I figured sarcasm would be all I got backā€¦

Exactly. His passing has improved a lot. He isnā€™t clearly capable of making a final pass, but his first one is quite good.

He needs to improve the capacity to not lost the ball when he is pressured. Iā€™ve seen during two or three times the spirit of Mathieu Flamini inside him against West Ham.

1 Like

I thought that that was exactly what he did well against West ham several times. Using deft touches to avoid pressure and release the ball.

1 Like

Not when he was with his body in front of our goal, turned back.

I think he has shown tremendous improvements lately. Him working the hardest in training could be contributing quite a lot here, and if so that sort of ethic is vital in the team.

1 Like

Iā€™m really confused, here. When you, and others say lately, did he play really well against Southampton or something? Because if so I guess lately is one game?ā€™

Because, yeah, I responded with sarcasm because, how else could I? One good game from Coquelin against a poor West Ham side doesnā€™t make him go from having a very poor season to a good one, just as with Oxlade Chamberlain.

1 Like

You lose your argument there.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been mentioned quite often how the sarcasm comes accross as alienating. Not that you have to listen to a word i say but Iā€™d appreciate it if you toned it down with me.

Anyway a poor season? Absolutely not. What has led you to describing his season as poor?

The fact that heā€™s been Flamini-esque with the ball?

Ranieri said KantĆØ worked much harder than his teammates in training because he thought he had to prove something. Coquelin probably does the same.

I think you want him to be Flamini-esqe tbh. Sounds more like you made your mind up and only see what suits.

But hey ho, everyone is guilty of it at some point.

The last thing I would ever want is for an Arsenal player to be Flamini-esque, I can assure you that. Especially one like Coquelin who won the FA Youth Cup for us and Iā€™ve followed since he was a teenager. I hope he indeed improves and returns to the level he was at at the end of the season in 14-15 and hopefully even surpasses it. I was just questioning some comments that really didnā€™t make too much sense to me.

Was he offering himself more/not hiding in the build-up on Saturday? Was he able to occasionally receive and pass it not just back to the passer but to be somewhat progressive in his passing? I hope so. But even if he was it would be just one game he has really done this in an otherwise poor season, so I would wait to say heā€™s ā€˜improved a lot latelyā€™.

Nope.