Francis Coquelin

Anyone got a clip of his challenge in the box? He literally stole the ball from his opponent.

haha this was my post when I saw the lineup:

Sadly I think my hope was in vain.

1 Like

Both was right. We played fucking crap, but we still came away with one point.

He definitely put the most defensive line up in. Coq/Elneny cover the most ground in the middle. Ramsey covers the most ground on the flanks (usually). Alexis presses most up top. And we sat deep. He played for the point and got it.

Tactics were well adjusted given we took off the 2 DMs and a defensive RB, put on a striker, winger and a DLP.

I suppose how good of a point is it at OT ? That remains to been seen as all we know at the moment is Man City have won there.

Nice read. Clearly loves the Arsenal! Hope he gets his wish of a France call up soon

1 Like

Isnā€™t easy with players like Pogba, Kante, Matuidi, Diarra, Sissoko and Rabiot in the squad. Is too soon to take the english nationality to play for the Three Lions?

That midfield partnership last night.

Coquelin - Ventures forward when he should be the furthest back.

Ramsey - Stays back when he should be the furthest forward.

Coquelin the creator :roll_eyes:

Coquelin probably sees Ramsey and Elneny playing backwards and sideways constantly and then takes it on himself to try and get things going and create a goal but thatā€™s unfortunately not really his skill set.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen this before where he pushes forward

Coq + Xhaka is the way going forward. We didnā€™t make shit happen until Xhaka appeared and by then it was too late. Elneny is our most frustrating player for me, as heā€™s average in everything he does. We know Coq isnā€™t going to score goals or run our midfield but at least heā€™s exceptional at his defensive duties. I canā€™t count the amount of times he broke up their counters with good tackles.

Ramsey might be a mess but I would like to see Ramsey - Xhaka as a partnership. Maybe the only way to plaster the mass Cazorla loss

1 Like

What I witnessed yesterday was a very shit Ramsey either losing possession because he sucks ass or because he was trying unnecessary back heels ect. Coq was scrambling to recover from those situations. Nothing has changed since Ramsey was doing the same shit last season, the only difference is that Coq is a lot of times good enough to save our ass, as opposed to Flamini. Xhaka will be in deep trouble alongside Ramsey IMO. Heā€™s slow(er) than Coq, and heā€™s always diving in late and going to ground unnecessarily.

1 Like

I really am enjoying the improvements in Coquelins build up play and it was encouraging to see him take responsibility to drive forward.

Positionaly he was a little off at times and wasnā€™t creating enough passing opportunities for his colleages. This doesnā€™t matter much when the players around him have an exceptional talent for movement and an eye for a pass, but an uninspiring Elneny and an unco-ordinated Ramsey require a little more care and elegance in order to function.

All that aside going forward I would really like to see him granted more opportunities to do what he does best, break up play and offer balance to the delicate mastermind that is Mesut Ozil.

Christ alive, games like yesterday really make you marvel at Ozil. The guy is just next level, can we clone him?

Some fucking good footwork and tackles from him tonight. Becoming such a good midfielder.

9 Likes

Since his return in the squad, Francis improved his technical qualities. Still donā€™t understand the stupidity to receive the yellow cardā€¦

1 Like

[quote=ā€œCristo, post:278, topic:102, full:trueā€]
Some fucking good footwork and tackles from him tonight. Becoming such a good midfielder.
[/quote]@AbouCuellar

4 Likes

5 Tackles
6 Interceptions
83% pass accuracy
1 key pass
3 dribbles
Created the first goal

Beastly

3 Likes

Haha. Someone had to do it. :smile: @AbouCuellar did you watch the game buddy?

Would like to know if your ice cold heart is starting to thaw.

3 Likes

He had Payet in his pocket. Every time Payet touched the ball Coq was thereā€¦very quiet game bar the set piece, and that has everything to do with Francis.

4 Likes