Francis Coquelin

Haha now the stats don’t mean anything because they “prove” that Kante is better than Coquelin. The bias is all becoming a bit boring and predictable if I’m honest. There’s always an excuse ready and waiting for anything you can provide really.

Kante leads Coquelin in all individual stats per game yet the stats, the plaudits, the medals, the awards, the place in the national team… there’s been an excuse for everything.

1 Like

Don’t know about Oliver but for me, The source of stats was dodging as highlighted by their ranking of Coquelin.
You surely can see something is wrong when they rank 121 players ahead of Coquelin.

Can you link those stats for me? I just looked at that earlier today and saw a much different story. I’d like to see what you are looking at.

Kantè and Coquelin are both great DM’s but they both entirely different in their style of play. You can’t really say one is better than the other so this is a really pointless argument IMO

2 Likes

Not that stats are the best way to compare players, but the stats you are presenting are skewed as Kante has played 300+ more minutes than Coqulein and will have a numerical advantage in almost every department. Below are the stats per 90 showing there isn’t a significant difference between the two, if anything Coqulein leads in Interceptions, Duels, Take-ons, Tackles won among others. Kante will have better attacking and total scores as he’s playing besides another defensive midfielder and has more freedom in the system, whereas Coqulein has to play with more discipline.

1 Like

@SRCJJ you are either not smart enough to use the Squawka comparison matrix or that was just an attempt to skew the stats in your favor :joy: As you can see per 90 there’s not much in it with regards to stats. Coq gets slated for not being a good enough passer all the time yet there you can see Kante is marginally better. Coq has the upper hand in the defensive category though. More tackles, more interceptions, wins more battles, especially aerial ones.

5 Likes

Let’s go one better;

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2015/2016/francis_coquelin/641/165/380/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/n$golo_kant�/165/165/14999/315/p#tackles_won/defence_score/possession_score/total_forward_passes/total_backward_passes/total_passes/successful_passes/pass_completion/key_passes/assists/chances_created/avg_pass_length/tackles_lost/successful_take_ons/successful_take_ons_%/aerial_duels_won/aerial_duels_won_%/fouls_suffered/fouls_committed/interceptions/blocks/clearances/defensive_errors/errors_leading_to_goal/yellow_cards/red_cards/cards_for_diving/cards_for_bad_tackles/cards_for_verbal_abuse#total

Bear in mind Kante played nearly twice the amount of minutes, so lets puts to bed about the overwhelming better bs

Ah so Coquelin is behind 300mins.
That explains why 121 players are ahead of him.
Sigh Stats.

As per squawka, Coquelin wins 70% of his aerial duels, compared to Kante’s 38 something.
Won’t hold that against Kante because he is quite tiny, so would be unfair.

even last year kante had nearly double amount minutes yet they stats aren’t that far apart :campbell:

There really is a media bias when it comes to Arsenal players. You have to look no further than Özil. When he first came to the league he was accused of stealing a living. Pogba has been rather crap for 89m and I haven’t seen anyone criticize him. You can slate the team for not being good enough to win major honors but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some gems individually.

You lot can continue to live in your fantasy world where all of the Arsenal players are the greatest players the world has ever seen and I’ll continue to operate in the normal world where people don’t rate Ramsey over Pogba, Giroud over Higuain and Coquelin over Kante.

You’re kidding me aren’t you? Further proof if I needed anymore that you only watch Arsenal.

I think you are over exaggerating that bit.
I remember Ramsey Pogba comparison was done by @Castiel and me, as to how Pogba slows down the game is akin to how Ramsey does for us. And how things we frown upon on Ramsey for are evident in Pogba’s game as well.

It wasn’t a ‘he is similar to’ or 'Ramsey is better’s

Oh my bad he’s been good? I hadn’t noticed. Well if you look at their Squawkas comparison matrix you’ll see Ramsey’s per 90’s are on par with Pogba so whatever.

That might have been what you said, but more than one person said that Ramsey is worth the same amount that Pogba was and more than one person also said that Ramsey was better than Pogba. This wasn’t just said in threads, this was said in the matchday chat and was one of the primary reasons I stopped using it.

Read what you wrote. You said he hadn’t been criticised for it. He’s been getting absolutely hammered in the press weekly.

2 Likes

Fair enough but that’s hardly evidence that I only watch Arsenal. That’s more like evidence that I don’t pay attention to what the media has to say is it not?

We were talking in MDC itself.
We were watching group stage France game & Pogba was having one of those frustrating games.

People suggesting Ramsey is better than Pogba must have been stating in terms of Euros wherein he indeed had a better tournament than Pogba.

Completely wrong time frame. This was the 2014-15 season mate. You’ve got it all wrong.

Okay my bad.