Football League

Now or never for them. It’s their biggest chance ever.

Well last season was a pretty big chance - missed out on automatic promotion on goal difference! A lot of people thought that was their only chance too, but look at them fighting for it again.

I hope they come up, fun away trip!

I meant that failing two promotions in a row would difficult to take.

I’m surprised Hughton hasn’t been linked with any PL teams.

I suppose the owners of clubs in the PL would rather perpetuate the merry-go-round of old, boring, safe, defensive managers like, Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes, Moyes, Bruce, etc, who follow each other round like a bad smell, rather than show any imagination with someone like Hughton.

1 Like

Christ! Darren Bent still plays! He has scored for Derby against Birmingham.
Great idea to replace Gary Rowett with Zola. 2 defeats in 2 games.

1 Like

I think his last spell at Norwich proved to be fairly uninspiring affair, which saw relegation and doesn’t have as much experience in the top flight as the other names you mention.

So that’s perhaps why he doesn’t get linked. He’s done a great job at Brighton and hope he can really build something good there.

1 Like

I’d love Brighton to come up, much like Bournemouth I’m all for teams that I had never previously seen in the top flight.

1 Like

Brighton go top of the table in the Championship. Still only lost 2 games all season. 8 points clear of 3rd place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure how Newcastle managed to lose the Alan Shearer derby to be honest. They were all over Blackburn. But hey, that’s football.

1 Like

Only 5 shots on target from 25 shots is a very poor conversion rate.

1 Like

2 defeats in 3 games for them. They have to wake up sooner or later or they are gonna miss out on the promotion.

There is no chance they won’t go up gunning. Guaranteed top 2 for me

1 Like

Yep, but they need to stay aware.

1 Like

Getting ready to make a move to North London in the Summer possibly :cristo:

1 Like

If Pochettino goes to Barca as rumored, maybe.

4 Likes

Big game in the Championship tonight between the top 2. Diame scored an amazing/weird/flukey goal (delete as applicable).

Massive result for the Toon this is.

And Perez wins it for Newcastle.

Newcastle 73
Brighton 71
Huddersfield 65 (one game in hand)

More exciting than the Premier League!

Newcastle have Huddersfield at the weekend too!

1 Like