Football Centric cartoons and kid shows

Any of the OA parents have any recommendations or know of any cartoons or kid shows that are based around football on Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube?

Let your kids read Billy’s Boots (comic strip), if you can get a hold on them.

1 Like

Oliver and Benji is the show par excellence in this category.

1 Like

Renford Rejects.

10 Likes

^ This man knows. :+1::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Holy childhood flashback Batman!!!

2 Likes

Bloody great theme tune was that. Though I didn’t appreciate it at the time.

1 Like

Thats not a bloody theme tune. That’s just a Manic Street Preachers song.

Major flashback here too. I was in the same class at school as the kid on the right. His name is James Delaney and his older brother Michael, who was always ridiculously good at football was/ is a famous freestyler ( worked with Ronaldo etc). Small world.

1 Like

So? A MSP’s song which was the theme song to the show… right? Just like an Oasis song is the theme for The Royle Family.

To me it’s just a song they used for the opening credits (I’m pretty sure they just used this one so we knew to expect some Aussie accents :smiley:) whereas a theme tune is specifically written for a show…but I’ve been to Oktoberfest Dublin today and had many Steins so I could just be acting a little picky here. :slight_smile:

I don’t think there’s an English dub for Captain Tsubasa.

Yes Shammy, stop being pedantic. You know what I meant… it’s a good opening credits song, is that better? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We must give her the benefit of the doubt :sunglasses: As anyone being unaware of the Manic Street Preachers must be close to a week ban surely

That’s better indeed. Thank you. :smile:

@Robin_L she gets a pass on account of neither of us being Welsh.

1 Like

I also get a pass as I was actually aware of them, I just didn’t care for that type of music as a 9 year old. My stepdad bloody loved them and used to play them to death so I grow up with them. And once I reached teenage years I appreciated and liked that type of music more.

A Design For Life and If You Tolerate This… really are fantastic songs.

I remember some God awful kids football show with Michael Owen coming to life out of a poster. I would report you to social services if you subject your kid to that

1 Like

I’m not normally one for nostalgia but I was overtaken with joy watching that. As budget kids shows go it’s still pretty good.

I remember watching dub on Television but can’t find it online.

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Captain-Tsubasa

And there is another anime : Hungry Wild Heart Striker

This was my shit when I was a kid

https://youtu.be/ERSxT9eoqjc