England

Bendtner is going to have a fieldday against this weak ass Southgate team.

1 Like

So just me who think there is a decent team in there?

GK
Walker - Cahill - Stones - Rose
ā€” Henderson - Eric Dier
----------- Dele Alli
---- Sterling - Kane - Vardy

ummmā€¦Itā€™s not great but better than last tournament.

That Spurs influence :eyes:

I cba to check but thatā€™s surely not far off what the team would have been at the last tournament

I would put vardy on the bench and replace him with lingard

Yeah I donā€™t think heā€™ll start Kane and Vardy together. Vardy will probably be used as an impact sub.

When weā€™re still drawing 0-0 with Panama after 75 minutes, on comes Jamie to save us.

And yet they always win nothing :rofl:

Dier and Henderson together is an awful paring.

Sideways passing galore and will buckle under pressure, they have 3 of those type in the squad and yet he couldnā€™t find room for Lallana, Wilshere or Shelvey that suit a possession based approach.

If they make that far the possession thing will go out the window against the better sides.

1 Like

Team of plumbers.

Why does it have to be possession based football?
Heck thatā€™s the worst version for this set regardless of Shelveys, or your Lallanas being included.

Having Vardy, Sterling, Dele Alli should be enough for counter attacking football with solid base.

Didnā€™t you know? Because thatā€™s what Southgate is dead set on playing, he really thinks thatā€™s the way forward :rofl:

Iā€™ve said counter attacking is the way they should be playing a la in the vein of Liverpool.

Oh didnā€™t know.
This will not end well

Weā€™ll be three at the back, likely with Walker as one of the 3. Have been doing it in friendlies and looked pretty good for me. Shame we probably wonā€™t start Kane and Vardy, but Vardy is a great sub to have up the sleeveā€¦

https://twitter.com/_andyha/status/997171069902520320

9 Likes

I so hope thatā€™s true

1 Like

Then he didnā€™t let in a single goal for the rest of the day

Definitely not true.

11 Likes

I always put up a gazebo in the garden, get the hot tub ready, put up a big screen TV, get loads of beers in, loads of burgers and sausagesā€¦Normally what I call my World Cup outdoor monthā€¦

Invite friends and relatives round, get all excited, and hope and pray that England can do us proud, and I always go into this extremely positive that my England can get to the semis at leastā€¦

This year, Iā€™ve just asked a few mates to come round on the 18th and 24th of June, and settled for the fact that on the 28th, it will be just me watching as Belgium send us homeā€¦Sad times indeedā€¦

Not the expected team at all. Glad Hart is dropped though, heā€™s been in crap form this season. I had high hopes for Forster a season ago, a keeper I rated rather high. But I donā€™t know what heā€™s been up to this season, put in some really horrible performances for Soton. Not what you would expect a WC year. The inclusion of Pope is not a huge surprise and very well deserved indeed!

No Wilshere, Shelvey or Llallana is a gutsy move by Southgate. But he may have a solid team effort instead, playing on the counter. I donā€™t think Wilshere or Llallana deserved a call up, but Shelvey has improved throughout the season and couldā€™ve done a decent job.

I donā€™t know what to expect of this team. I hope they do well, but on paperā€¦ :grimacing:

Not much news in the world according to the sun

Genuinely the biggest scum on the earth

After reading Sterlingā€™s explanation what theyā€™re doing is a bit stalkerish now tbh. Feel like the courts should step in.

https://twitter.com/misslexirose/status/1001229137292513280

2 Likes