Danny Welbeck

How in the fuck did he not get a start today? Amazed by that decision considering he was rested midweek.

1 Like

This more in the 1st 60 seconds he was on than what Theo did all game.

Scratch that it was 30 seconds.

Walcott is still woefully inadequate and honestly should have been shipped off after last season.

2 Likes

Ah, a year ago today, Welbeck did this and won us the leagueā€¦ good timesā€¦ :sob:

8 Likes

Dunno what league you were watching love. But i dont remember winning any leagues.

Thatā€™s not at all patronisingā€¦

2 Likes

Temporarily won us the league with the goal

:smile: it was sincere.

1 Like

Everyone thought we were gonna win the league at that point :xhaka:

No, not everyone did. There were plenty who thought we still had a lot to do. We were out of the title race two games later.

2 Likes

Apparently he starts tonight.

Wouldā€™ve been silly if he didnā€™t. Definitely should be starting in big CL games given our current team. Hopefully itā€™s Welbeck-Alexis-Iwobi-Ɩzil-Elneny-Xhaka

Gonna have a big game tonight. The best big game player we have.

I think Iā€™d rather Ox for Iwobi right now. A bit more pace and determination and spirit and in general, good old Englishness. Seriously though, Ox instead as I think Ɩzil will benefit from a forward left position-or-wherever he wants to play position up front. It seems like his creative burden has been lifted somewhat recently and he needs to find his feet again in such a position.

What better way than on German soil and a tie such as this!

1 Like

This 3 leading the line Ozil, Sanchez, Welbz and 3 in the midfield Ox, Xhaka, Elneny.

Doesnā€™t Welbz start on the left or CF? In which case weā€™ll probably start Theo.

Please no fucking Theo.

Yeah, I would definitely disagree. Iwobi is the better player, more likely to make the correct decision, far more useful in build-up and ball retention, in short, between Ox and Iwobi for a match like this as a manager I wouldnā€™t even have a decision.

But then ArsĆØne and I donā€™t see eye to eye too often these days. :wink:

Iā€™m expecting heā€™ll pick Welbeck, Alexis and a midfield 3 of Ox, Coquelin, Elneny with Ɩzil higher up ā€˜out wideā€™. Doubt he trusts Xhaka for this game but weā€™ll see.

2 Likes

If weā€™re sitting back and have countering opportunities Theo is a better outlet thatā€™s more likely to score than Iwobi.

No idea where this 4-3-3 talk is coming from. Wenger will either play 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1

Heā€™s not going to change formation that drastically before the biggest game of our season.

1 Like