Chelsea Vs Arsenal (PL)

Would be the best solution. Must play Auba and Laca together from now.

Nah not really, I’m not a fan of winning games due to an easier early schedule only to collapse when we start playing the top 6, at some point in time we need to start winning more than 1 or 2 from 10 vs the top 6.

2 Likes

I want to see adjustments, I want to see some players got dropped, and I want to see better teamwork.

end result, doesn’t matter

3 Likes

Elneny is probably the only midfielder we have worse than Xhaka.

At some point yes, but I think that point could come much later in the season.

Elneny is fairly underappreciated in my opinion. He’s not amazing but I think if he had played instead of Xhaka yesterday we would’ve been able to build from the back a lot better. He’s quite safe on the ball and doesn’t tend to give it away stupidly.

It’s easy to say in hindsight though.

2 Likes

Well shit. Congrats on the win Chelsea.

2 Likes

Bit harsh on Elniesta. He keeps it reasonably simple and is always on the move which means he’s probably a lot more of what we need than Xhaka.

Ramsey, Elneny and Torreira running around a lot could be right up Emery’s street.

3 Likes

Elneny is shit, Xhaka is shit. It’s nothing to do with mobility - well in Xhaka’s case it is a little - but it’s more about their composure on the ball under pressure. It’s mad to think how much stick a player like Arteta got at this club because fans completely underestimated his ability to keep things ticking over. Ever since we lost Per and Arteta every game we’ve played has been hampered by Mustafi and Xhaka’s absolute inability to play it out quickly.

I don’t understand why we didn’t give Santi another chance to play for us, even at half his best he’s twice the player of any CM we have.

2 Likes

I think Elnenny has lower highs but also lower lows. More consistent.

Torreira is levels above both and so is Guendouzi if he plays like he has done recently (don’t give me any shite about naivety and youth, when Xhaka is a moron 50% of the time with the locomotion of a oil tanker 100% of the time)

I’d personally love for AMN to stake his claim there too.

3 Likes

I think he should be moved on but he’s not terrible, we could just do a lot better.

Says a lot that Guendouzi is getting a start over him and Wenger was never convinced either, no idea why he’s still at the club.

We’ll have to agree to disagree but there’s a reason he couldn’t break into our MF even though its been the worst it’s ever been in like 20 years.

Elneny is the kind of player I’d be happy to keep if we had a top quality midfield. But we don’t therefore he absolutely needs to be moved on along with Xhaka and with any luck one day, Ramsey.

I’ve just never understood the Ramsey love.

I think you said it in your post, the lack of a top quality midfield means someone like him is very useful.

If we had City’s midfield no one would give a fuck lol.

2 Likes

Sick and tired of the disrespect directed at Elneny. He’s distinctly average but provides a consistent known quantity to the 11.

You need players like him who are quality depth and provide credible competition all at low cost in terms of fee and wages. He’s higly motivated, receptive to tactical instruction, won’t complain and will take less money because he considers it a privilege to play for The Arsenal.

I’ve seen enough to know he’s a more useful player than Xhaka at this point because he performs the basics of the CM role to an average to slightly above average standard consistently.

13 Likes

Second that, would definately take Elneny over that fraud.

1 Like

Haha if someone called you distinctly average, I’m sure you’d find that disrespectful.

What a ridiculous stance, Xhaka’s out there flaunting his flaws because Elneny isn’t good enough to displace him. He isn’t complaining because he knows he’s punching well above his weight. Players like Elneny add nothing to the club, a fucking teenager has came in and taken his place. If Elneny started week in week out it wouldn’t take long for fans to acknowledge his flaws and probably make a case that Xhaka should start over him, even though the latter is the superior player - which isn’t saying much.

Arsenal isn’t a home for average players.

R.I.P Arsenal, then :facepalm:

Put Lich to man mark Hazard wherever he goes. Some kicks should do the belgian just fine.

1 Like