Chelsea vs Arsenal (Carabao Cup Semi Final 1st Leg)

:date: Wednesday 10th January 2018
:clock8: 20:00
:stadium:️ Stamford Bridge
:tv: Sky Sports Football

Who would do a better job as Arsenal manager?

• Stamford The Lion
  • Gunnersaurus

0 voters

First Leg Result?

• Chelsea win
  • Draw
  • Arsenal win

0 voters

Play the strongest team available FFS! Do it c’mon!

25-0 to Chelsea, irrespective of the team we put out.

1 Like

How can anyone not think we’ll lose this after watching that shit show today? We’ll be fortunate to still be in the tie after the first leg!

:eyes: shots fired @GunnerGirl @Luca_from_Italy

At the Bridge…that is not good.

Well, let’s see if Wenger’s gamble pays off.

We’ve played well v Chelsea this season and I imagine we will play a strong team and VAR will also be introduced in this game :eyes: So we’ll be fine

Really?

It’s the first leg. Not like a good result will mean anything, we’ll just fuck it up in the second instead if we get something from this one.

2 Likes

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal. Think both sides will play strong lineups but with our defence being a shambles coupled with our inability to score away from home it isn’t a good mix.

What a waste of time it is to have this being played over 2 legs.

3 Likes

Don’t think I can bring myself to watch this, struggling to find any fucks to give

1 Like

Would take a 1 goal defeat to stay in the tie tbh. Their due one over and fancy they will get a 2 goal advantage.

1 Like

Was the last time we got this far when we drew 1-1 with Spurs and then lost the second leg 5-1?

I’ll go for the exact same result over two legs here.

1 Like

No we beat Ipswich before Birmingham beat us in the final in 2010/11

5 Likes

I deleted this memory from my brain. And for good reason. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Wow! Stamford The Lion is destroying Gunnersaurus :open_mouth:

Did not expect that hah

What gamble? He’ll probably put the same team out for this as against Forest. I doubt very much he was resting people for the league cup.

I think he was probably going to go with a weakened team but now will surely have to go for it. “Sorry Mesut, your holiday is over.”

I saw a tweet which basically suggested the same thing and pointed out that now we’ve got a couple of free weekends coming up, Wenger doesn’t have a good enough reason to rest players.

2 Likes