Chelsea

Having two immobile centerhalves deep with no help from midfield against ozil n sanchez was a master stroke . The more I see it Ozil meant to do ecactly that for his goal .

Wouldn’t take Costa at all. Cesc, I doubt he break into our first 11 as he’s not the same player he was when he left us. He looks totally miserable, if the price was cheap and he wasn’t asking for crazy wages I’d take him back. Don’t see him ever returning to us, wouldn’t be surprised if he moved back to Spain or joined Man Utd.

I would take Costa, as he is what we lack upfront.
An aggressive striker who doesn’t waste too many chances, although he wouldn’t be my first choice, and there is no way Wenger would go for a player like that.
As for Cesc, I think he would struggle to get in our starting team.

The only player I could see Wenger being interested in would be Hazard, but there aren’t many others that are good enough to get in our team.

Unless Chelsea get relegated they aren’t selling us any starters. Also buying old players is never a good idea and aside from Hazard most of their players are old. I don’t want an absolute disgrace like Costa either as useful as he’d be. Not that we’d get any of them anyway.

Anyway it’s kind of funny that Conte was asked about his biggest competitors assuming they would be title challengers and he mentioned Pep and Mourinho and chuckled when asked about Wenger. Not laughing too much now.

1 Like

I do wonder how long they’ll keep playing Ivanovic, because he’s clearly no longer capable to play at the level needed and the amount of times he passed the ball across their back four just to misplace it was hilarious.

1 Like

I spend no time at all wondering what chelsea will do mate ,or for that matter mufc city liverpool or anyone else. fuck em all as the song goes .
I spend far too much time wondering what Arsenal can ,might,or wont do . It consumes me !

I think it’s early niggles and Conte trying to find his system with what he has inherited. No way does a club like them, with some of the players they have go to pot yet again, Conte seems like a character who will get some form of a team playing his basic philosophy soon enough.

Hazard immediately looks a different player under him than he did last year with Mou. Costa is in great form (bar the last game, where a certain handsome French/German duo put him to bed), Cesc can reach some capable height when on song and I think Cahill along with Thibaut behind is suitable enough match to complete their spine.

I’ve got no problem if they want to carry on playing like a bunch of helmets mind, I’m just glad we’re getting ourselves back on track in the meant time!

2 Likes

What Conte needs it is basically a whole new defence, bar Courtois.

No including Courtois. He’s a fucking awful GK. Still can’t believe they give us their legendary keeper and kept him. :joy::joy: I bet if they could go back in time they would have kept Cech and sold him instead.

Courtois is really good. Did you miss him at Atléti?

No he was very good there and he started off the same way at Chelsea the season they won the league but last season and the start of this he has been awful.

They were better when Alonso came on and they had three at the back, it really is just they need 3 better centre backs than Ivanovic, Cahill and Luis. Arsenal goals #1 and #3 were really preventable with a better set of defenders playing in better form.

Matic doesn’t look like he gives a shit and Hazard has always struck me as being one sulk away from a string of uncaring performances.

1 Like

Does that make him an awful GK or just someone in bad form/in a dysfunctional team?

this bad form is lasting a long while then! He’s an overrated GK. If I was Chelsea I would sell him to Real Madrid so they can have their “new toy fix” and get a much better one in.

It seems that he is not at his happiest at Chavski and his head has been turned by speculation and i reckon he would rather have left and gone to RM. But obviously we have taken Cech so he was probably told ‘look we just sold Cech so you could be 1st choice now you wanna leave fuck off you’re staying whether you like it or not’

1 Like

Yeah. But if you keep him too long, you could have a Lehmann situation like we had in 07/08 with a keeper who just lost it. Sure Cech was a bit younger than Lehmann back then, but choosing for the 23-year old who came of a terrific season is just logical busines.

They should play David Luiz besides Kante.
The guy is brain dead as CB, but some of the passes he picks out would put most midfielders to shame.

I’d like to completely refute that Lehmann lost it in 07/08.

1 Like

Pretty sure we re signed him on load 2/3 seasons after he left and still looked better than alumina and Fabianski

What happened that season then with our GK situation?