Cazorla Replacement

Kroos, Thiago or Verratti but their basically pipe dreams like Midfield Maestro, SRCJJ & co said so realistically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVuwbR-t46U&t=626s

I was tempted to say Trigueros but I think Villarreal might just be the perfect fit/ level for him, I like his game tho he can swivel on a six pence nicely, has an eye for a pass & is pretty decent defensively too.

1 Like

Isco is just a spanish version of Jack Wilshere. Putting him at CM for us and asking him to be as defensively good as heā€™d need to be would be a major risk.

2 Likes

Iā€™d put Denis SuĆ”rez in that boat too.

1 Like

Totally agreed.

I think thatā€™s a little harsh on Isco heā€™s quite a bit more tactically astute and isnā€™t prone to over dribbling and what not.

There are otherā€™s Iā€™d rather have as Santiā€™s replacement though.

@Titou14 How could I forget Weigl, such a classy and mature player for his age.

Would you have ever thought Cazorla would have become a deep-lying playmaker?

He totally is. Madridistas #1 gripe with him, and if you watch him itā€™s fair enough, is that he doesnā€™t know when to release the ball. I think it was you who (rightly, IMO) mentioned the other day that knowing when to release the ball is one of the most underrated attributes in players, well if thatā€™s your opinion Isco in his current version would not be to your liking.

Got to say I donā€™t see that as much when I watch Real play, then again itā€™s only recently that heā€™s got a good run in the team.

Isco isnā€™t the finished article so maybe those traits can be ironed out.

1 Like

Dahoud is a box to box, Jorginho isnā€™t performing well this year, but basically they arenā€™t mobile playmakers like Cazorla.

[quote=ā€œMaxi_Gooner, post:49, topic:1203, full:trueā€]
Dahoud is a box to box[/quote]

He is a #8 but heā€™s pretty much got everything in his locker that youā€™d want from deep lying playmaker, just like Santi did when he was playing on the wing / attacking mid back at Villarreal and Malaga & that didnā€™t stop him becoming our little midfield maestro.

[quote=ā€œMaxi_Gooner, post:49, topic:1203, full:trueā€]
Jorginho isnā€™t performing well this year[/quote]

Iā€™m not to sure what your point is here, just because heā€™s not the heart beat of Sarriā€™s side this season (Hamsikā€™s on flames) doesnā€™t mean his not the same player he was last season or the one that was pulling the strings for Hellas Verona back in Serie B with Abel Hernandez.

Jorginhoā€™s shown his class consistently now for atleast 5-6 seasons which is why with only 18 months left on his contract (I think) his getting linked with moves to the likes of Psg & co.

:grinning: neither is Santi, shit if he could run Coquelin would probably still be at Charlton.

If only Mullins was still hereā€¦ he had a good opinion on midfielders.

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Santo, Ramsey and Alex are all wasted playing front of back four. None of them are defensively minded. They all go to pieces when we lose the ball. Look great when we have the ball but are out of their depth when it comes to helpjng out our defence.
That my children is why we look lost every time someone runs at our midfield.
we need coaches first. All great clubs have a great manager.
I donā€™t know if youā€™ve noticed but we are not great and we havenā€™t been for a long long time.
Iā€™m not bother what team you start with it goes nowhere without the right msn in charge.
WENGER MANAGER. LMFAO. . MANAGER LOL

They are two different players, and these stats confirm that.

I considered this season for Dahoud because he is free to play the ball without a proper playmaker like Xhaka and considered last season for Santi because of the injury.

Fuck Dahoud. Guys a newb.

Juan mata would be a great replacemente if he were a realistic target.

Mikhtharyan is also very similar.

If we ever sign Dahoud I have first dibs on Boyz in Dahoud FPL name lads thanks

When Sarri decided to replace him with Diawara, every Napoli fan was on fire because they were tired of him. Last season has played very well, ok, but this season has been terrible many times thanks to a lack of timing, lack of vision, he conceded some goals because of mistakes in front of the defense, poor stats about ball recoveries, lack of intelligence about the tackles. He is not more and not less than a good squad player for a team like Napoli.

1 Like