Calum Chambers

I also agree with this

This I completely agree with. Chambers ceiling is a mid table PL club.

2 Likes

Itā€™s really madness the amount of players we need to sellā€¦I remember when we used to complain about deadweight with Chamakh, Park, Squillaci, etc. etcā€¦ and look where we are now needing to sell Gabriel, Chambers, Wilshere, Lucas, Gibbs, Debuchy, Jenkinson, potentially Ox, and surely Iā€™m even forgetting someone (the other day I was reminded that Joel Campbell existed, for example).

4 Likes

Agreed - it is ridiculous and holding us back apparentlyā€¦

Iā€™m happy to keep Chambers as a squad player to make up the numbers - every big PL club needs these kinds of players who are decent enough to not completely kill you, homegrown, and fairly happy sitting on the bench. But I donā€™t see him having a future as a starter for Arsenal.

I think weā€™re okay on numbers at CB with Kos, Mustafi, Holding, Monreal, Kolasanic, and Mert. Ideally Iā€™d sell Chambers and see if I could replace him with someone who can play at LWB (or ideally LB and RB), because if we ever sell Gibbs weā€™re very light in that position/would be good insurance in case we decide to sell Ox.

1 Like

Is 6 centre backs enough in this system ? Especially when one of them you included will always be playing LWB ?

I think absolutely, yeah, CBs need less rotation than other positions and 5-6 are enough. Hence why I see LWB as an area of more need, cause Monreal right there isnā€™t a great fit, so weā€™ve really just got Kolasanic and Ox there if we ever sell Gibbs. I guess Coquelin could play there.

Either way, definitely sell Chambers. A year sitting on the bench isnā€™t going to help his value. We should learn our lesson from a million previous cases.

1 Like

Yeah sorry I hear you, you suggested signing someone that could play LWB my bad.

As much as I like Kos and Per I wouldnā€™t bank on either of them being consistently fit this season. If weā€™re keeping 3 at the back I think CB is just as much of a priority as CM. Last thing I want to see is fucking Elneny being slotted in there, or anywhere.

Even if one of them is injured at a time, thatā€™s still 3-4 CBs to pick from, supposing that one other will be unavailable for some reason.

We definitely are okay with numbers. I guess the question is if we are okay with quality, that kind of depends on how Kolasanic is as a CB, IMO. Buy another and Holding will rarely play, and he needs to, and I trust in him even if he was crap as people said on Friday.

1 Like

Canā€™t say Iā€™m as confident as you are and honestly when was the last time we were ok with numbers or quality? It really doesnā€™t take much for us to be fielding a compete trainwreck of a back line of CBā€™s.

Hell we had to do it on Friday and thatā€™s one game deep into the season. Peronally I think weā€™re stacked in terms of fullbacks but other than Monreal none our fullbacks can really fill at at CB. I certainly didnā€™t see anything from Kolasinac to believe that heā€™s depth for that role.

If Kolasinac is going to be used more often as CB than LB weā€™re not okay with numbers.

2 Likes

Wenger not looking to sell anymore and has included him back in the first team squad.

Happy with that think heā€™ll be great in a back 3

Give him his squad number back @Bl1nk :wink:

5 Likes

Could be his best role.

Willing to give him some time here after the loan spell to see how he fairs. He is still a pup for his position tbh. Good news.

1 Like

So with Mustafi (maybe) and Gabriel going and Wenger not looking to bring anyone in (yet) is the guy going to get a run?

Maybe fuck off Bellerin and give this guy a go, cannot do any worse after the shite we have witnessed!!

Think he could do something as CB in a 3-man defence. RWB/LWB is just not his position.

:cech:

What the FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK is going on