Bundesliga

Wow! I know Carlo is not doing well atm, but it would be totally unexpected to see him get the sack.

I think this one would be due to a breakdown in relations rather than spectacularly bad results. I mean, theyā€™re still likely to win their league and book their place in the CL last 16

Wow.

2 Likes

@Gazidis
Heā€™ll go ac Milan probs

Yeah his league record letā€™s him down somewhat, which sometimes seems to get overlooked.

5 Likes

Back to fc Hollywood? :laughing:

Seriously though Iā€™m glad people in here have brought up his league record. Iā€™ve sort of overlooked it until recently but itā€™s something that definitely affects his record. This Bayern hob has really tarnished him aswell, like Wenger it seems as if the modern game is passing him by some what.

I donā€™t know about the end part. Most of his league success has come from 2010 onwards anyway. He won the double in his first season at Chelsea and had to contend with injuries to the spine of the squad in his second season. Then got sacked. PSG was PSG. At Real he won La Decima and I his relationship with Perez was frosty. PĆ©rez always wanted him to play Bale even when he wasnā€™t playing well. Too much meddling from the board. Bayern is a blot on his record but really and truly they lost Lahm and Alonso to retirement, Neuer has been injured and I think the clubs transfer policy has been poor the last few years as well.

All in all his league record is poor. Especially given the quality of the Milan team he managed in the 00s as well. But I donā€™t think the modern game has passed him by.

1 Like

Yeah youā€™re probably right to be honest! That was more of a rushed conclusion I must admit. Be has definitely disappointed at Bayern despite lat years relative success.

At Real he did well, and in reality Perez shouldnā€™t have rushed to sack him after the 2014/15. Despite a drop off in form Perez was reacting to BarƧa winning the treble. Reals team was really not far off them at all, on was the MSN that made the difference.

I guess at PSG itā€™s hard to judge him, which is part of the problem. The squad he had was average for champions league standard yet well above it for Ligue 1 level.

Iā€™m just generally unconvinced by him, especially if he were to take the arsenal job

To be fair the Juve team he was against at the time were also quality and as it turned out, were paying refs.

Then again he only won the intertoto cup for Juve when he managed them.

In any case, despite his terrible league record, he actually has won more league titles than Wenger in the past 2 years believe it or not.
4 Vs 3.

Tbf the longer success continues the closer the moment gets the success abandons you. Lest not forget they are coming off of 5 consecutive League titles.

https://twitter.com/JackPittBrooke/status/913397897080778753

Probably a sightly unfair assessment, Pep had peak Bayern while Carlo had Retirement FC, but I agree with the sentiment ā€“ the Bayern job isnā€™t as easy as it looks and Pep, most likely, is the better manager :woman_shrugging:

If he had stayed he whole season chances are Bayern would have won the league

1 Like

Probably, but perhaps not at a canter. Dortmund are looking pretty strong and together (in the league anyway). They seem to be where they want to be while Bayern are waning ā€“ not just Carloā€™s fault of course, heā€™s lost important players which hasnā€™t helped. But heā€™s also lost the dressing room and I guess thatā€™s the important factor here ā€“ they didnā€™t want to risk the season continuing in this manner, with players not wanting to play for him. Robbenā€™s comment, or non comment, was very telling.

https://twitter.com/archiert1/status/913164185248387073

wow Bayern donā€™t mess around, showed zero remorse in sacking a manager of Ancelottiā€™s stature

Why should they? Heā€™s not a club man or anything like that.

Dortmundā€™s chances of winning the league just took a hit.

Imagine they bring in TT and he wins Bayern the leagueā€¦ :no_mouth:

Iā€™d say Dortmund should have the quality to win the League regardless of what Bayern does. They have the experience and the quality (and finally in depth too). Just a matter of can they fullfil it.

1 Like

I did make reference to his stature in football. Plus the season has just started. If they werenā€™t happy with the things were going they should have pulled the tigger in the summer.

They essentially sacked on the basis of the PSG performance

1 Like