Bernd Leno

looks like for a change we are not fucking about, we are getting shit done.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve always felt kinda bad for the poor souls who seem to enjoy them.

1 Like

Because when he talks about something you can then believe the shit thatā€™s come out about that deal before!!!

How many times do we have to explain @Calum !!!

4 Likes

Sadly a blind DM would be an upgrade :xhaka:

1 Like

Leno has always been quite good. A bad season like last one can happen to everyone.

1 Like

Why is anyone remotely happy about this? Heā€™s shit

1 Like

On reddit, 50% say heā€™s great and 50% say heā€™s overrated and so Iā€™m 100% sure I donā€™t know what to think

4 Likes

Sarcasm?

Thought you didnā€™t watch other teams haha

Iā€™ve never seen him play. Or when I happened to watch Leverkusen never really focused on Leno. But @Phoebica is very convincing in stating the shitness of Leno. Btw, what to think of the fact that he is kept away from the squad for the reservekeeper of PSG?

1 Like

Iā€™m mainly going on the last 18 months or so. Sure youā€™ll find YouTube videos showing him making some good saves ā€“ but anyone can look good on a YouTube comp. Iā€™m probably being overly critical, I suppose he is a decent enough shot stopper ā€“ but in general, I just donā€™t trust him ā€“ whenever I watch him he doesnā€™t look comfortable or in control.

I know he was rated years ago though, so Iā€™m hoping heā€™s just at the wrong club or something and a change in environment and coaching will help him push on ā€“ it could happen. But yeah, Iā€™m not seeing it as an upgrade at the moment.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fair, but better informed people than me seem quite convinced heā€™s iffy, the reading and viewing seems to support that.

Genuinely, what are people excited about?

1 Like

i see, yeah, agreed.

but i guess have to put a brave face and trust sven as well i guess

Didnā€™t Sven sign Dortmundā€™s terrible keeper?

1 Like

Somebody did. But Burki is awful agreed.

oh.

:giroud: :santi: :bellerin:

If heā€™s really as bad as some posters here would have you believe, thatā€™s some pretty gross incompetence by the much vaunted Sven.

Alternatively, thereā€™s a bit of a Chinese whispers style move gathering pace with posters tripping over themselves to bury his Arsenal career before itā€™s started.

Thereā€™s a decent chance heā€™ll be a good keeper for us and a more than decent chance heā€™ll be better than Cech has been in recent seasons

6 Likes

I think if you add the fees of every keeper weā€™ve signed ever it wouldnā€™t be far off what weā€™re supposedly spending on this guy. He surely canā€™t be absolute trash as some are suggesting.

I definitely think people are going overboard.

I have a hard time believing that that many people on OA watch Bayer Leverkusen that much :laughing:

8 Likes

Letā€™s wait and see how he plays.

Iā€™ll just say iā€™m not completely convinced we did great business in Leno and Papa, the two clearly Sven signings. I think we overpaid considering the market and other players

1 Like