Arsène Wenger

Conceded less or away clean sheet will make team more defensive and we already have our share of Mourinhos in current setup.

2 Likes

I definitely see where you’re coming from. I kind of think head to head makes sense in a four team group but if those head to heads are draws its a bit ridiculous.

4 Likes

Does the away goal rule not potentially make the home team play more defensively though?

1 Like

It gives an headache.
Teams know they are more likely to score and dominate at home, so they would opt to attack but also be wary of conceding.
Away team can opt to use this to their advantage.

‘Conceded less or clean sheet’ makes it mandatory to defend and leaves no motivation to attack.

Games like last match where PSG attacked us won’t happen.
They would be forced to shut down shop as well.

I’m not actually suggesting a clean sheet goal rule in replace of the away goal rule I’m saying scrap the away goal rule and just call a draw a draw

Those who still believe that the reason we haven’t won the league for the bulk of the last 12 years is because of financial restrictions are out of their mind. We saw this summer with a chaotic and last minute window with little pre planning and last summer with no signing of a single outfield player that our manager is not fit to lift a league title anymore.

Those who still defend him do so blindly. 12 years without a league title is failure in every sense of the word. His record in European competition is failure in every sense of the word. His near decade a trophy is failure in every sense of the word.

Those back to back FA Cups bought him an extra season but last season was the final straw. And this season, although 18 games unbeaten, we are still far away from being title material.

6 Likes

Those who try to frame the scenario to deny it are simply desperate.

1 Like

There’s no way he should be managing the club this season. Any board with some balls would’ve forced an amicable “retirement” at the end of last season. It removed all doubt about his abilities as a manager.

4 Likes

The way you attempt to deny Wengers failure is embarrassing. 12 years at a club of this magnitude with no league title to his name is failure. Mourinho was right and continues to be right in a lot of what he says about Wenger and the only reason it bothers Arsenal fans so much is because he’s right.

You can use finances to justify Wengers lack of success for a few years but you can’t do it forever. He’s won 3 league titles in 20 years. I’d love for you to provide me with 17 seasons (soon to be 18) worth of excuses as to why we haven’t won more league titles. Provide me with 12 seasons worth of excuses as to why we haven’t won a league title in that timeframe. Provide me with 9 seasons worth of excuses as to why we didn’t win a trophy when Boro, Birmingham and Portsmouth were able to lift domestic trophies in the same time. Provide me with 20+ years worth of excuses as to why he hasn’t won a European competition. Provide me with excuses for everything because that is literally all you can do to defend Wengers decade of failure.

Provide me with excuses as to why, with the largest cash reserves in world football, we failed to sign a single outfield player last summer. Provide me with excuses as to how we desperately failed to strengthen our team adequately over the bulk of the summer despite allegedly having identified our eventual signings many months before?

6 Likes

I only need one excuse.

Wenger is Love.

You are cunts.

2 Likes

You all are maybe right with our disadvantagaous(?) competitive position for a portion of the last 12 years, but the last 3 seasons or so are also prove that is more than just money,

1 Like

Last 3 seasons with 2 FA cups.
Yes sure.

1 Like

United won the FA Cup too last season. Domestic cups are no signs of growth etc.

2 Likes

No but back to back FA cup is.

You can fluke it once not twice.

1 Like

Who the hell cares about the FA Cup in this day and age lol. We lost the league title to Leicester fucking City and we’re sure in the first half of the season before that which ultimately meant we lost the title to a Chelsea side who spent the second half of the season scraping wins. Not to mention we also got knocked out of the Champions League by a Monaco team that scored more goals against us than they did in the group stage lol. There’s just no justifying it we’ve been terrible for years now.

1 Like

Any further opinion of your holds no weight, once you say that.

2 Likes

Except nobody’s gives a shit about it and the BBC and FA are desperate to bring the trophy back to its old glory. It’s essentially a minor upgrade on the League Cup and not a measure of success for a big team. It was nice to win it first time and break the duct but the second trophy was underwhelming because at the point we wanted more.

The fact you won’t address any valid point by I make about Wengers continued failure shows you have no means of justification for it

1 Like

If that would be true, we are standing still since than anyway if you look at our performances and all that. How we got ripped apart yesterday again, that is the best example of what this team is. Plus it’s safe to say this is it. We’re not going to get any better than this under Wenger.

1 Like

That never stopped Arsenal fans to criticise Wenger when we got knocked out of said competition.

But as soon as we win it, hey…it’s a shit competition.

1 Like