Arsène Wenger

Wenger shouldn’t get credit for that he couldn’t G up a secondary school football team. The attitude comes solely from the new crop of players, it has nothing to do with Wenger.

This CB partnership is exponentially superior to what we’ve had for a long time and under a new manager would even be better.

1 Like

Mustafi is the only new signing who has seen regular playing hard to attribute this new found resilience to him alone. Give credit where it’s due, it’s the manager who fosters the environment part of that is bringing players to boost it.

I honestly think you’re overrating the CB partnership, it doesn’t feel we’re at the apex of defensive ability, both CBs have had their suspect moments individually and collectively. Obviously it’s a new partnership and we can expect it to grow in greater competency in the future but it’s hard to say what we’ve seen so far is exponentially better. An improvement is obvious yeah but imo it’s marginal

Mourinho is such an insufferable cunt. I saw the video of that “Finally I lost to Arsène Wenger” line and it was so fucking cringe, press conference was over and he was going away and you could tell he’d thought of it long before and just been planning to use it George Costanza style and tried to get it in before he left.

3 Likes

I give him credit for bringing them in that’s it and even that runs thin as it should have been done years ago. Wenger doesn’t really foster that kind of environment unless sticking them together and letting them get on with it comes under your definition of the word, he is not someone who inspires a team this much is very obvious and is backed up by former players themselves.

Mustafi not only has the brain but also the physical attributes which Per lacked and Gabriel may have the physical side down but he lacks the requisite anticipation and composure to be anything other than a squad player right now. Mustafi is a great blend of both and it shows, it may not be optimum but it’s clearly superior to many partnerships before it.

2 Likes

Such a load of old wank

Wouldn’t expect anything else from you tbh, not a single criticism can be leveled at your messiah.

Everyone’s intiled to their opinion, It’s the way you state you opinion to be a stone cold fact when you’ve spent months in the past raving on about other things you were adimant about that have proven to be laughably wrong that I find gaulling

Because no on has been wrong in the world ever have they?

A great deal of the criticism aimed at Wenger in here uses various examples and evidence, what’s laughable is you swanning in here and saying, “such a load of old wank” as if you’ve just shut it all down.

Get a grip.

Yeah I was more talking in relative terms re: them this year and last year.

1 Like

think I must have touched a nerve I wasn’t trying to shut anything down, didn’t feel like I was posting burn of the century at all, just your few posts specifically made me say “what a load of old wank” out loud on the bus so thought I’d post it too :+1:

Bollocks it did.

1 Like

I promise, under my breath

I also rolled my eyes and sighed

I trust Kaner.
You go “what a load of old wank” out loud on the bus all you want buddy.
I have your back.

2 Likes

Got a bad vision reading that first time.

8 Likes

The difference is, Jose has spent almost as much in the short space of time he has been at Man U, as Wenger has in his.

I wonder if Mourinho actually believes the rubbish he comes out with?

3 Likes

Oh he does.
Only Cristiano probably edges him as most vain person.

2 Likes

He is becoming an old grumpy fucker.

Old grumpy fucker who can’t do Maths.

3 Likes

Jose is deluded in one aspect when you spend as much as he has instant success is demanded, right in another aspect that Wenger has next to no pressure, no other top club would still have a manager that hasn’t won league Title in 12 years or got past the Rd16 in the CL in 6-7 years.

Yes they would when it is they themselves who restricted said manager’s means during that very period lol