Arsène Wenger

From his post game interview after yesterdays friendly.

I agree this is something you can’t really blame Wenger for they obviously want more money, It’s no surprise China is Adams’ destination and to be honest I think Henry enjoys the fact he has a TV profile now. Not to mention reportedly earning more than some managers make.

Steve Bould isn’t Old Guard? Henry was happy to work for him until the TV stuff got in the way, Keown was happy to work until his pundit and Journalist career took off. One person Adams who since he got sober has been a bit weird to day the least is hardly the old guard not wanting to work with Wenger.

Well since Adams drank and gambled away a lot of his money I’m sure China is a very interesting opportunity for him.

It’s almost twenty years since he admitted his problems and, by all accounts, successfully let them behind him. He was a PL footballer for 6 seasons after he admitted those problems and has since been a PL assistant manager and indeed a PL manager.

I’d say he’s not shy of a quid or two.

2 Likes

China does seem like a great place to go and start drinking and gambling again just to make it through the day.

I didn’t judge him.
In comparison to today’s wages however, I’m sure turning China down wouldn’t be easy.

Tony was a drinker not a gambler. He paid his first wife off and sent her into rehab as she developed a bigger coke habit than he had. He still has money . Why he didnt sign for us is anyones guess . mines that wenger vetoed it.

If you say so.

1 Like

:sleeping:

Henry off to Sky Sports, Adams off to Chinese League, please, take me another good news! :clap:

We don’t need people like them in our squad. I don’t know what were their qualities to be named U18 coach assistants.

“We are very active on the transfer market but it’s a long time to go. Everybody has a handbrake on at the moment. It’s a little bit of a poker game until mid-August in my opinion.

“So we might have to be good at poker.

Handbrake alert!! Haha

1 Like

Honestly who the fuck cares what they do. Would concern myself more with our manager actually doing his fucking job in the here and now.

3 Likes

History tends to repeat itself so don’t get your hopes up.

As great as Tony Adams was in his playing days for us, let’s not kid ourselves here. He’s acheived little since he turned to management. It’s probably best summed up by the fact we used to have a thread on his managing exploits in Azerbaijan :gunnersaurus:

So yeah…

Didn’t think you would need to guess.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

I’d guess that the reason is more likely to be the same reason he doesn’t attend many Arsenal events at all, that (by his own admission) he finds it hard to be around Arsenal, as its such an emotional place for him to be, and it makes keeping his sobriety a tougher test than usual day to day life does.

Aye and Wenger cheated on his wife, does that mean he isn’t fit enough to be Arsenal manager?

He’s got that covered without the adultery tbh.

2 Likes