Arsène Wenger

I agree of what you said… but you know our manager…

Except Asano is going to be nowhere near the first team this season? Nothing wasted here.

Exactly. And he’s probably never going to be near the first team. That’s why it’s a waste.

1 Like

Well it’s not a waste as we bought Park as an immediate first team addition after he was already playing in Ligue 1 for Monaco. Whereas Asano has been plucked from the J1 League, for the mighty Sanfrecce Hiroshima, with the intention of being loaned straight away.

Probably, Maybe, Could be, Might do.

Not a waste. Cheers.

Another apologist it seems. We’ll see where he got in three years; I predict nowhere.

He played 7 fucking games for us and 4 were the league cup. On what planet was he a first team addition?

1 Like

Not an apologist at all. Just highlighting the clear differences here, that’s all.

Regardless of how poor he did, he was bought as cover or to compete.

The only difference is that Park was slightly older. Neither was a real option when signed.

It was the transfer that miffed all at the time and even now, even with distinct differences in the two.

It was an irrelevant transfer. Just like Asano will be. They have more in common than not.

I remember the Park transfer very well. How upbeat some of us were. Just hoping he would add something and surprise us all. Grabbing after straws. :smile: Pure desperation!

I can feel that from the Icardi and Holding threads…

yep and the tourists will be miffed as well.

there goes the profit for touts and the disinterested ticket holders…

:anger_right:

Good, enough hand holding ex players who are not good enough.
Time to poach quality coaches.

1 Like

I think it says a lot about Wenger when none of the old gaurd want to work for him.

Nothing to do with Wenger really when the position offered has nothing to do with the first team. Coaches in the U18 and U21 main point of contact will be Jonker on a regular basis if anything.

Two of the club’s biggest legends have followed the money. Says more about them than it does Wenger. People really need to let go of the sentiment with retired players, we’d much better off bringing in people on their merit not name.

5 Likes

Was about to say the same thing.
Posters really need to get their Wenger hate in check.

Borderline extremist developing here blaming everything on Wenger.
What next? Balls not inflated properly? Too many Immigrants?

2 Likes

Balls not inflated properly would show a lack of bollocks.

I was expecting this.