Arsène Wenger

Some pretty interesting anecdotes in that article tbh

Lets face it, they both have their reasons.

I believe Wenger really hated the way Chelsea came in with their billions in 2004 and started almost cheating their way to trophies. Kind of undermining all the hardwork Wenger did to make great teams from pittance.

And Mourinho is extremely envious of Wenger because the latter has managed to build a legacy at a Club and transform them in almost every way shape and form.

2 Likes

Love or hate him, we should just be glad to have him as manager, instead of that arrogant sneaky cunt.

5 Likes

I can’t believe you would let this information and the language he has used publish as a grown man.

And that’s such a petty reason to hate someone.
You admire people for that reason.

And it’s not like he couldn’t have achieved that. What stopped him from becoming the same with Chelsea & Inter.

1 Like

The reason Mourinho hates Wenger is simple.

Mourinho could not have done what Wenger did at Arsenal, but Wenger could have done what Mourinho did at Chelsea.

Also Mourinho knows that Wenger had a reputation of building great teams with limited resources, as well as playing some of the most attractive football in Europe.
He also produced great players that either came through the youth team or cost very little, something Mourinho doesn’t do.

But one of the main reasons is because Wenger is perceived as being a gentleman, who has intelligence and class and has been one of the most influential managers in Europe.

Mourinho is perceived as a manager that has bought his success, acts like a petulant child, is spiteful, narcissistic and blames everyone but himself when things go wrong.
He has also proved, on several occasions he lacks class.

Apart from that I’m sure he is probably a very nice chap.

No, he probably isn’t.

3 Likes

Yes it’s a petty reason, but Mourinho is a petty person.

I don’t know their whole dialogue since 2004, but I bet that it only took one comment from Wenger about Chelsea’s money to trigger Mourinho into super-hate mode forever.

Like a Prof…

EDIT

Hate how the vids never show up in the tweet embed.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/779240575371448320

2 Likes

I bet he doesn’t think the same about Mourinho.

3 Likes

SAF was a great manager if not the best. Its takes the best to recognise the best. Despite Arsene’s and SAF’s rivalries over the years, there was always that underlying respect for each other because that’s what great managers do. Despite Mourinho’s achievements, I personally wouldn’t put him in their bracket of class at all.

3 Likes

Funny thing is, I bet Wenger would deck Mourinho if it ever came to that.

9 Likes

They were arch rivals, but they always respected each other.

Them quotes make me hate Mourinho even more than I already do. Such a vindictive guy.

1 Like

8 Likes

I think Le Boss is 20 cm taller than that cunt so he would beat him up well.

Look, José is obviously a huge cunt and a joke of a person, nothing new here, and there never will be any updates on this front. His rather obvious envies and complexes obviously drive him to a large extent, and it results in him acting like an utter ass all the time

What I took from the article is 1) Is it true that the City match tactics were really basically player driven? It seems likely at this point, too much smoke for there not to be fire… 2) You do glimpse at some genuine lack of respect for Wenger’s abilities in those quotes–especially for me the one about how Walcott and Ox are shit but he could make them good–that seems to be driven as much by, well, lack of esteem for his abilities (which may not be too misplaced, sadly) as by rancor and envy. Which is a bit sad, and I wonder if it’s shared by other, better managers in the game :confused:

Imo it’s just a perfect storm. They dislike eachother, Mourinho is the biggest cunt of a manager to walk the planet, and his style of football is the perfect foil to how Wenger sets up his team. So Mourinho can talk as much shit as he wants because he constantly backs it up. On the flip side you’ve got SAF and Pep, probably the two best manager’s Wenger has ever faced, and he’s actually had some success against both of those guys. That’s in spite of us having a shit team compared to Pep in his prime Barca days, and SAF during our banter years.

2 Likes

I’d say that’s a quality of great MEN, great and classy people respect each other.

What is a great manager? someone who wins trophies? someone who builds a great team/squad? someone who builds a great CLUB? and leaves it better than it was? I think we all can agree with these statements, so Mou is not a great manager at all but is he better manager than person?

1 Like

Some decent arguments on here today. At their best both build teams in different styles of play.
Wengers is definitley more pleasing on the eye and feel he would have had success at the likes of Real.
However id have to say I dont think he would have emulated 2 european trophy wins with Porto though. That was impressive no matter how much you hate him imo.

1 Like