Arsène Wenger

Well he and Dein carefully introduced 2 rich people into the the club to bid against each other and squeezed every last cent out of both for their shares .

But he sold them as he was dieing? It’s really not a fair criticism imo.

1 Like

Anything less than 7 points would have been shameful tbh

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/777447643396075520

:wenger:

2 Likes

In a video, everything I hate about Man United, bluenose cunts.

Classic Mike Dean and his 4th official too, celebrity refs trying to make it all about them as always.

Fuck it, I love you Arsene!

3 Likes

That video just proves how biased all the officials were toward Ferguson and Man U.

That fourth official might as well have had a MUFC badge on his jacket.

Wenger showed them up for what they are, and embarrassed the officials and Man U.
He showed a lot of dignity, something which Ferguson didn’t have.

Haha, I didn’t see that before.
Hilarious.

“He kicked a plastic bottle
HE DID WHAT?
Go up there”

:joy:

He held on to the bitter end to squeeze the last juice out of the price sham ! He could have sold out long b4 !

Bitter end is right. Good chance he never even saw the figures on his bank balance.

Why do you think it would be different?

ouch

When Southampton our relentless boogey team finally fell to us it’s hard to care about that kinda comparison. I can’t really remember the five relevant fixtures last season but does this just mean that our chance creation is a lot lower than it was for them last time round?

If so is that not kinda weird considering we look really free scoring at the moment other than the Foxes game?

That’s because Koeman left :wink:

That logic didn’t work for Man United. Though it sort of does regarding Mou and Chelsea.

We’ve got a strong h2h record against them at home. It’s those away games. Same goes for Stoke.

Looking at the games I don’t feel like I’m seeing a free scoring team tbh.

The home fixture against Southampton ended 0-0, but looked like this

https://twitter.com/MC_of_A/status/694658917259988992/photo/1

This season:

Didn’t create much against Watford or Liverpool either, despite scoring 3 in both games. Created quite a bit against Hull though, but that’s about it.

Will probably create those chances consistently soon. But I think Arsenal’s usual xG dominance is slightly misleading (not that these results early on now aren’t either, but we’re only 5 games in, so it doesn’t mean much)

3 Likes

You think so? I have the impression that we’ve been rather good at converting our chances, but we’ve definitely had phases in which we created a lot more of them.

@Calum
Pochettino was equally good against us. We’ve just been struggling against Southampton in general for some reason. Haven’t won both of our games against them in a season since they came back to the PL.

1 Like

Ah cheers, also you need to find the embed tweet option in twitter and copy and paste it in.

So ultimately that stat isn’t as damning as it seems? It just means we aren’t as creative as last year but we are more clinical which obviously is the more important aspect. Hopefully it means that when Ozil kicks on we’ll be pretty boss on both fronts.[quote=“PPB, post:1407, topic:125”]
You think so? I have the impression that we’ve been rather good at converting our chances, but we’ve definitely had phases in which we created a lot more of them.
[/quote]

It could just be my prejudice towards Giroud that I think we look a lot more likely to score when he isn’t on the pitch lol.

It’s Ox for me this season haha

We did also have Walcott as a striker in some of those games (e.g. Leicester 2-5)