Arsène Wenger

He’s been making one great signing a year for what the last three years?

He’s made signings over the course of that time that real top managers would have done in one or two seasons at the very least.

As always he’s clueless and yet believes he knows best whereas in reality everyone knows he’s well past it, the Vardy fiasco ended a while ago and yet we continue to dither as per usual. The only reason we got Xhaka sorted as early as we did is because he advocated to have his future resolved before the Euro’s.

3 Likes

Tbf, it might have been done early regardless, Xhaka said himself after signing that Wenger contacted him almost a year ago, and there were a lot of cryptic quotes by Xhaka throughout the 15/16 season that suggested he had a good idea he was moving at the end of the season.

Anyway, in regards to the league, I don’t think anyone truly believes we have a chance and at the moment, I just want a decent run in the Champions League. The importance of qualifying for the competition has been ingrained into us as Arsenal fans, but we have no presence in the competition.

The model post for the present times. Hoping everyone can eventually see this and quit whining all the time.

We have as many Arsene FC fans at this club as Arsenal FC fans i reckon.

3 Likes

It sounds a bit bloody ridiculous saying we are owed 2 or 3 world class signings.

Yes he’s frustrating, but what’s worse, is on those days that were playing against ten men behind the ball, these full international players don’t come up with something of their own, such as taking shots from distance. They don’t need Wenger to tell them that. For everything he’s culpable for, his players need to take a lot of blame, too.

2 Likes

Big clubs should be making big signings every season, especially with so much money at our disposal, and after selling all our best players in previous seasons.

Also, the fact we are desperate for quality in a stale team with only two or three genuine top class players.

Last season we only spent 10m on a GK, when we needed several other positions filling, so I would consider that if we should have bought 2-3 players last season, this season we are owed at least that, and more.

How long can they keep fleecing the supporters, and keep claiming we are one of the most profitable clubs in sport, while not investing in players?

It is indefensible.

4 Likes

Sure we should have taken advantage of the situation last season. But I’m talking about next season. I don’t believe the current squad is good enough to win the title, when other clubs are done doing their business.

2 Likes

What worries me for the upcoming season is that Wenger hasn’t strengthened enough for a top 4 finish let alone winning the title.

Competition is going to be extremely fierce this season. Can’t remember the last time our league was populated with World Class managers like this. Everyone else seems to be preparing for, what potentially could be, the most competitive season we’ve witnessed. Wenger is going to be going up against some serious heavyweights, some of whom have got the better of him over the years.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Asano, Holding and a £35m midfielder.

Our top 4 chances will be more dependent on how good Liverpool & Tottenham will be than ourselves I feel. Even with Klopp, I still look at Liverpools midfield and think it’s extremely average although their offensive options look quite good for a Klopp side, Tottenham’s business not worrying me at all so far.

Asano was signed during the tournament.

1 Like

Was clearly referring to after the Euro’s.

Summer then.

That tweet wasn’t clear about that distinction at all.

2 Likes

Sue me.

Good chance Asano is Park all over again too. Good chance of a wasted transferwindow again.

3 Likes

Ya I agree, I’d just like 2-3 signings of the caliber that they play for us this season.

I don’t know what you are all waiting for. Wenger’s stated there will only be 2 or 3 signings for fear of unbalancing the squad. just how you can unbalance the squad when it;s seriously short of a quality striker, CB and right winger is anybodies guess. but that’s besides the point.

In years gone by-and with a few exceptions- it might have been a given we’d finish top 4, but when you look at the quality of manger that’s come into the PL, the amount of money available to clubs, etc, it’s by no means a given any more. it’s going to be MUCH harder getting top 4, let alone top 3.

I’m afraid you’d have to ask the man himself mate, i have no idea what goes through the man’s head.

3 Likes

If just by signing a few more would unbalance the team, then our team is really unbalanced in the beginning.
All these years how could Wenger expect to win by an unbalanced squad?? By luck?

unbalance it, shake it up, put some pressure on the players.

In addition to not having better players around Ozil and Sanchez, a lot of the ones that are here look really comfortable.

Theo, Ox, and Ramsey at a minimum shouldn’t look at playing time as guaranteed. All three look comfortable and their attitudes reflect that. Almost time to cut ties with the English Diaby as well.

2 Likes