Arsène Wenger

Why is he a dbag though? Because he questions the manager…how is this different?

Happy anniversary Arsene I have some great memories ,but most like myself are old ones !

6 Likes

Curious to know how the second part of his reign would have gone down if Fizsman never died.

I actually really like Merse, he clearly has some issues with Wenger that run deeper than what we see but he’s kinda loveable and talks way more sense than people give him credit for. At the very least he’s consistent unlike Wrighty who literally comes off as a bit of a bellend that can’t stick to an argument for more than a day or two without completely flip flopping.

2 Likes

Whys that ? curious ?

Because he was one of the most influential figures at the club at the time? Trajectory of this club might have been different, if we weren’t guided by someone who only had experience in the MLS.

OK ,I think it was more Dein that had the visions but fizman had better business acumen . I blame them both though for the sell out into medocrity and the souless bowl we now live in.

I genuinely believe Fiszman thought he was leaving the club in the best possible hands.

It’s a good question. We don’t have the same technical level of our ‘tica taca/Cesc era’ when we had Fabregas, Rosicky, Nasri, RVP, Arshavin and Hleb. Wilshere is technically of that level but gone. Ramsey, Walcott, Chamberlain are the antithesis of that style of football. Ozil and maybe Cazorla are the only player that fits that mold, while Alexis is a top player, he’s selfish and doesn’t link up well. He’ll score good goals but his team play will be poor. Giroud actually has good link up play but needs runners. The only time last year we had great interplay was with Welbeck and Iwobi, which was a site to behold.

Then there are the new signings. Xhaka can hit quick long accurate balls in the style of a young Cesc, albeit not as good. This should add something to our counter attacking transitions, ie make them far quicker. Mustafi’s throughball that saw Giroud win a penalty was quite impressive against Southampton. So in theory we should pass better from deep. Perez should mean we have a runner to take advantage of counter attacks.

So in theory a front 3 of Alexis, Welbeck, Iwobi with Ozil, Cazorla and Xhaka behind should play attractive football. With maybe Perez instead of Welbz. At the moment though we only tend to start with 3 of those, 1 of which, Alexis, has poor link up play.

I honestly couldn’t care less about attractive football. I’d have a lineup of 11 Robert Huth’s any day, if it meant we could hold on to a lead.

1 Like

Right now we have neither, so I’d really like that lovely football back at least.

2 Likes

Sham he was a very shrewd business man who knew nothing of football untill Dein brought him in. He and Dein gained control over the club for less than 12 million quid . They put none of their own money in but took plenty out . the myth of of danny bieng a life long fan is a crafted image.

None of that would make my statement redundant.

Well, actually it kinda would, if it was simply about selling out. Not sure I believe that though.

They both hung around long enough (Danny Fiszman until days before his death that he must have known for some time was coming) to convince me that it wasnt just about the money for them.

I’ve heard van Persie is very close to an extension also.

The future is bright.

1 Like

Agreed but i think his main concern was stuffing his pockets not the welfare of arsenal football club

Any details of that?

Where are the doubters about our starting XI? Three games with an incredible debate about the XI and 7 points.

1 Like

When we actually played good teams like Liverpool and PSG our poor selections bit us on the ass.