Arsène Wenger

Ya what AKB’s fail to understand is that every time Wenger spends a good majority of the WOB’s are getting their way.

I personally don’t care what he spends he’s past it as a top level manager and even if we can’t top level players in I think we’d certainly be able to attract a top manager with what our potential is.

2 Likes

Just driven 275 miles back from Cornwall .Cup of tea and then off to Watford .

4 Likes

WOB AKB these labels are fucking pathetic tbh We’re all arsenal supporter and we all want the club to do well. Shut the fuck up and get behind the team today

13 Likes

Retarded acronyms

1 Like

Fair play for spending the money. I feel like we do have a squad now which should geniunely compete for top 3. If only we had a proper forward player to pair with Sanchez.

It’s up too the old man now as far as our on the pitch performances go…

1 Like

Fits perfectly with my earlier analogy. RAG’s. Retarded Acronym Gunners :kosc:

Well Wenger has bought but basically hes done the bare minimum.
Never mind the price tags we needed a CB and a striker just to stand still . Xhaka seems to have been bought to oust Coquelin which is sad .lets see how we go

I agree.

If another top PL club had bought Xakha, Mustafa and Perez, what would we be saying?
I don’t think it would bother us too much.

If you consider we needed a striker and CB as a bare minimum then this window has been average.
I think Xakha and Mustafa were good signings but would we have got Mustafa if it weren’t for the injuries to Mertesacker and Gabriel, and would we have bought Perez if Welbeck was fit?

Although Wenger has filled the glaring holes in the first team, the world class striker we were hoping for didn’t happen, and considering only a GK was brought in last season for only 10m, means that this transfer window can only really be described as adequate.

We have seen the big clubs outspend us by some distance in the last couple of windows, and even clubs like Crystal Palace, West Ham, Southampton etc are spending nearly as much, if not more, on the striker position.

It will be interesting to see whether the signing of Perez, after a four season wait for a striker, will be enough to persuade Ozil and Sanchez to sign new contracts.

I would also like to know how interested Wenger was in players like Moratta, Lacazette and Griezman, because after the Vardy fiasco and the signing of Perez, I don’t think he had any intention of spending anywhere near what it takes to get a top quality striker.

Realistically, of all the top clubs in the PL, our transfer window has been one of the most underwhelming, and we had to wait until the season has already started before doing the bulk of our business.

3 Likes

To loan out Campbell, Gnabry and Jack and keep Ox, Theo and Iwobi…
Sorry, I don’t get it.
To keep Holding and load out Chambers, I can kind of accept it… but the rest…

Very interesting moves this summer.

2 Likes

I’d say the near good work he’s done with finally bringing players in he’s gone and undone it with letting those go out.

1 Like

The leopard cannot change his spots !

Those players pushed for a loan. They want first team.

In Gnabry’s case its more to do with contract issues.

There is literally nothing more to it than that. It’s not Wenger being a dumbass for a change.

2 Likes

First, I did not use wordings like “dumbass” or something similar.
I just questioned the situation.

On some other posts I raised this question before… we can’t keep that many young playres happy and we can’t give them enough minutes.

Have to agree. It’s baffling that we’d let Jack go on loan and sell Gnabry but keep Ox around.

I recognize that Theo will probably always stick around but Ox could benefit from more regular playing time if you want to use that argument and we’ve got plenty of depth on the wing as well.

Watching Jack putter around in midfield for Pardew will be painful to watch, especially if we are served up another season of injuries and mismatched midfield partnerships due to injuries.

I say have them rot on the bench with 5-6 players ahead of them in the pecking order so we can get 200 cry posts 3 years from now on how Wenger ruined their careers instead.

1 Like

Looks like Arsene went for plan B. So we’ll get 200 cry posts about how we let the good ones get away and we kept the frauds instead.

Francis Jeffers probably still haunts him to this day. He’s not going to break the bank for a striker.

Well, I was personally looking forward to see Wilshere and Gnabry featuring for us this season and seeing how they get on. So I’m bummed that these guys possibly move soon. Campbell always seemed inevitable (I’m surprised we didn’t permanently sell him) and Chambers is logical seeing as he really needs the minutes.

1 Like

First it was ‘he will never break the bank for a defender’ now this. Is it ever going to stop?

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider £30-40m are considered breaking the bank these days. I actually agree to his approach of spending money wisely and I don’t expect him to buy Higuain for £70m for example.

1 Like