Arsène Wenger

Sorry had to share this from the Dailymail it made me laugh so much:

georgios81, burton upon Trent, United Kingdom, 4 hours ago
Arsene Wenger the only bloke in the world I would leave my wife for

Jiminy Cricket 7, Manchester, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
because hes so tight?

4 Likes

2 Likes

Another problem is that we didn’t even have a window last summer.

1 Like

Last season was a huge opportunity blown of winnig a title. This season the big boys upped the anti with proven managers whove brought in top talent.
Weve responded by signing 2 decent international footballers and an unknown Japanese player. A league one player and a player from the lower end of a liga.
Its not enough to challenge for the league. It bolsters a squad for a top 4 fight but doesnt guarantee it. Thats modern day brand Arsenal 2016.

1 Like

How would you define a good season. Just asking.

Top 2/3 and an FA Cup is a good season

1 Like

Even Jonny fucking Evans

9 Likes

Fancy foreign name > experience and ability.
/rgunners.

I’m glad that the signings are done and both players look like they will help the squad.

My issue is never been how much to spend–15 or 50 million on a player doesn’t matter to me. Let’s see the player play and then form an opinion.

My issue is waiting until after the season has started. This waiting directly led to the embarrassment against Liverpool and a toothless draw after. So, it’s great that the signings have been made, but they are a few weeks too late (and the club still didn’t end up saving money) and the title challenge for Arsenal is over.

Perhaps, they can win one of the cups this season since the EPL race is not within reach.

1 Like

It just sucks that we’ll probably have to wait until the 70th minute of the first game after the interlull to see what they can do.

1 Like

They get 3 years because it’s unfair for a college football coach to not get to recruit his own players to play in his own system. Honestly though the Athletic Director is the one making the coaching hires and the last two AD’s we had were fucking morons when making thoslse decisions. We lucked into the best coach we’d ever had and then everyone that’s followed him has been pathetic. So I am more interested in getting a smart AD in. Looking at it in that fashion it’s similar to Arsenal because the board simply will not get rid of Wenger and I really doubt they’ll make a smart decision in regards to the next manager.

That brings balance to the force, because we’ve already got a self-parody WOB in Morris, now we can have the AKB version in Maxi, only makes sense.

I think three years is a fair stab and I think most would agree.

I did ask what you said to those who urged more patience though. :slight_smile:

Lol, well it’s the same as what the wobs tell me. It’s kind of obvious in college football when a coach just isn’t cutting it. They get beat usually in the offensive and defensive lines, that’s a tell tale sign. I’d compare it to having a wide open midfield that leaves the defense exposed. A tell tale sign Arsene’s lost it, or hasn’t got good enough players. So it doesn’t really warrant much of a conversation tbh, much like it’s kind of obvious Wenger should hang it up.

My counts 3-1 mate. Maybe 2-1 now that Trions chilled out a bit.

Man, stop whinning for few days.

Being an Arsenal fan need not mean you need to strain your nerve everyday.

I am looking at you, @morrisc311

Wenger signs these players and will sign a new 3 year contract soon has the transfer windows shuts. we know its going to happen.

Or when Arsenal go on a 5 match win streak

Yeah, ok maybe. Who’s the other one you’ve not mentioned there? :henry2:

1 Like

Sometimes I think we could be friends.

2 Likes

How long ago did you type that post mate? It reads like a typical “I told you so” post that you probably typed up a while back, waiting for an opportunity to post it. Sadly, I really don’t think this was the time to post it. Maybe you could have waited until after that so called spine that Wenger has created has actually played together in a few games and proven their worth. I mean, it’s laughable to think that of that spine, Xhaka has played 2 games, Mustafi none and Perez none. Really? Spine? You might be proven to be right in a few games time but not yet.

As for the WOBs and where they are, I think they/we are right here. I don’t think of myself as a WOB cause I am an Asrenal fan and I want anyone and everyone who has any other interests at heart other than Arsenal’s, out of my club. As for these signings, they are more than welcome and I hope these players propel us to a league title. Realistically though, these new signings have only just improved our chances a little, not made us favourites. We are more likely to get a top 4 spot with these signings than win the league, and that’s an improvement over how things were looking a few days back.

I won’t say am excited but am interested in seeing what this Perez chap offers. If he is as good as some people say, then am gonna get excited.

2 Likes