Arsène Wenger

@Electrifying

If it happens we signed a striker and a very good CB. Which is what we need. If Mustafi and or Perez flop then I won’t be happy.

Need to give them a chance before you criticize them

[quote=“GunnerGirl, post:1080, topic:125”]
Really i don’t get the meltdown over Wenger when we finished 2nd, best finish since 2005 and Özil had an amazing season. We were close but we didn’t win the title because Leicester City had a better, faster striker than us.
[/quote]The meltdown stemmed because after beating Leicester in a crucial game, instead of using that as momemtum, we ended up faltering soon after in the same old habit again and fell away, as so often been the case over many seasons. Many fans are simply worn out by the fragility of the team

The 2nd place owed to the fact that Spurs had an even bigger collapse right at the end and somewhat saved our bacon and papered over the cracks when it should’ve been third place.

72 points for 2nd place in reality wasn’t anything particularly amazing, it was the lowest total for many years for a runner up team. Last season was the season to win the title with all our rivals in the wars and our complanacy cost us once again.

BTW, it’s nice to see you back on the brand new OA @GunnerGirl :slight_smile: Hope you stick around!

1 Like

That’s a bit of a shit mentality, by that logic any player in the world is suitable for a club like Arsenal as long as we’re willing to see how they do. If we want to be a European superpower we need to buy the players that are performing at that level and if that costs a premium fee then so be it.

1 Like

@Calum really gets behind players before we’ve even signed them :laughing:

@Darkseid I feel its only fair. Guy looks from what I’m reading a a good player. Feel people are judging him on the fee instead of his ability which is unfair. I’m quite excited to see what he can do in an arsenal shirt if we sign him

1 Like

No one is able to judge him on ability because no one had heard of the cunt until last night.

2 Likes

So everyone moans because he’s not a name.

1 Like

Everyone moans because we’ve had all summer and we’re buying some bloke with a sketchy goal scoring record and a low release clause that West Brom and Everton are after.

I think being a little apprehensive about this transfer is only natural and it’s going to take more than a few Youtube videos and a crazed Celta fan comparing him to Griezmann and declaring he’s better than Benzema to convince me otherwise.

7 Likes

Fair enough! @Castiel

The Benzema thing was hilarious.

But I’ll still pray to all the Gods that it’s true if he signs.

1 Like

Love this guy, makes me less depressed at our shitty situation. First five minutes about us are spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdmvrxaLr0

4 Likes

Is Perez a player that needs you the whole summer to buy?

Do you really think a player with a resume like this is going to outplay Giroud? I think what we’ve done is improving on Walcott. Which certainly isn’t bad.

@SDGooner Improving on Walcott is fine with me.

You know you’ve landed top, top quality when you aren’t sure if he can bench the mighty Giroud.

But it’s the bare minimum. Again. So meh.

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/768864001291878405

I’m just looking forward to 3-6-9 months of “don’t judge a player on his price tag” comments coming from Wenger no matter how we play.

It’s going to be fun.

Fucking hell mate, my sentiments exactly. Would like your post but I’ve reached the limit already today!

1 Like

So in typical Arsenal fanatic fashion you’d rather he move to West Brom or Everton, do well there and then be linked with him for 50m but never buy him cause now he is put of our price range. Sounds realistic.

1 Like