Arsène Wenger

Wenger is a sort of outdated and dumb Highlander.

I think he might go at the end of the season if we fall to get into the CL places.

He took a massive gamble keeping Ozil and Sanchez, which hasn’t paid off.

His recent big signings haven’t really worked out that well either.
He has spent around 150m in the last couple of transfer windows on Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez and Lacazette, and none of them have been that good.

He has only two top quality players, and they are going, which leaves him in a much worse position than he is in already, with not nearly enough money to get himself out of this mess.

He has run out of excuses.
This is not a young team.
It’s full of players that he bought, he coached and that he insists are good enough to challenge for the PL title, and he is clearly wrong.

He has been overtaken by several new managers, some have spent more and some have spent a lot less but all of them have more ambition, more new ideas and are open to change when things aren’t going right.

Wenger knows his excuses and rhetoric have become as predictable and embarrassing as our performances and his pathetic transfer history.

I think he knows he has messed up and he has run out of people to blame.
This is why I think he won’t sign another contract and could possibly leave after yet another shambles of a season.

2 Likes

Hope so, but it could even be “i want to get us back where we belong” shit :hipster:

The trouble for him is that his, “back where we belong,” is only top four, and that’s not good enough.
He is clever in the way he has dramatically lowered the bar from, “we are capable of winning the PL,” to a top four place.

Being overtaken by spurs and Liverpool is just embarrassing, and his excuses that Man City, Chelsea and Man U spend more are true but he has chosen not to spend, and always falls well short in every transfer window.

I think he won’t sign another contract because he knows that the players he has are all his and they are all established, and a lot are as good as they are going to get and won’t get him anywhere close to challenging for the PL.
If anything, this group of players are dragging us down, and there’s more chance of us being out of the Europa League places than winning the PL title.

1 Like

Apparantly he took Kallstrom knowing full well it would take 4-6 weeks for him to recover, but there was no more time to look for another midfielder… Also Kallstrom pretty much says/confirmed Wenger has the final call on players who are signed.

3 Likes

Hope so because even if Gazidis wanted him gone this summer, he still stayed. He is just too powerful.

Only thing that can help us is that the players are plaing shit on purpose now. Everyone knows that Kroenke or any other businessman or investor loves their money, that will not be happening when we are finishing outside of of the CL constantly especially now it looks like completely out of europe. At present we will be lucky to make the top 10 with how we are playing. It seems that it is the only way to force change hit the fuckers high up in the pocket.

Kroenke made a tough call, wrongly (but with some justification despite what we all think of AW) and it isn’t going to be easy to push AW out, but I suspect that this next contract won’t be renewed (doubt it will end early) if we don’t get back into top 4 this year and next year.

Having said that, we are only 1 point behind top 4 right now (really 2)… as awful as we are, the league is pretty sh*t outside of City (and arguably Chelsea/Utd)…

Should already be this year. 2 years without the Champions League would be too much for us, as we are not Manure.

League standing is one thing…
Only the blind can’t see the shit football Arsenal are playing now…
The football is so so shit, dire, boring, passive, passionless, toothless, gutless, and shit…

2 Likes

We all agree on that, but that is water under the bridge now. I see zero chance he gets forced out before end of his current contract.

1 Like

I agree here also - it is one of the more profoundly disappointing things about where we are… I barely even care/miss watching but I have found myself enjoying some of the other games (LC FFS) b/c they are more entertaining…

1 Like

That’s sadly true.

Exactly…
We can all laugh at Spuds, Pools… but in the end, their football these days are way more attractive to watch, their football are far more effective than us…
Their football simply have passion in there… and ours???

He hasn’t even been here for half a season yet lol

There’s virtually zero chance of him losing money. His shares cost him 400/450m. Newcastle are selling for only like a hundred mil less these days.

He is the best of those players, but considering Wenger waited five seasons, and spent a record amount on him, it shouldn’t be too much to ask for him to come in and be good enough to start every game.

I think Lacazette is a decent player, but along with Xhaka, Mustafa and Perez, who cost 150m, they haven’t exactly transformed us into PL title challengers.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more . You could say that for the past umpteen years .
It’s all very sad .

We could all tell how shit Xhaka was before Christmas last year.

1 Like

Lacazette is decent and will hopefully get better but as things stand none of those signings he mentioned are top tier players in their respective positions.