Arsène Wenger

Great achievement to have 700 wins with one club.

6 Likes

My gut feeling tells me that, he may go for 1000

2 Likes

Tbf he’s been here long enough with good players. He really should be achieving 700 wins maybe should have got it earlier than now

1 Like

It’s a perfectly valid view but I’d rather just focus on the achievement itself and say well done.

3 Likes

Fuck off. :anguished:

It’s a fine achievement but expected, we love pointless records at Arsenal

2 Likes

But you need to give your backups some gametime so when the regulars get injured & the backup has to replace them; they are not too behind.

Like it or not, Walcott, Welbeck, Coquelin are our backups; and Arsenal will have an injury crisis like usual & we will end up playing these players.

Plus we are paying their wages, Might as well use them to win matches.

1 Like

I have no problem with Welbeck and a few of the others being used. But the likes of Walcott and Coquelin will not be here for much longer, i’d rather bred in a couple of the younger ones as back-up.

I don’t want an entire team of youth in these games, just some balance. Some sense that “this is our future” rather than “this is 2015”

He’s handed Europa League perfectly, Nelson, Willock, Maitland Niles played most of the group stage and backup players need gametime. Could’ve used Nketiah more but that’s it

2 Likes

Fair enough. I don’t think we have quality youngsters to do that though

1 Like

HAHAHAHA~~~~~~~

1 Like

Would love to see more of AMN (tbf he is the one getting most minutes), RN, JRA, Eddie, and Big Joe - that seems about right. I actually think AW did a nice job of mixing it up in the last game and while I would rather see more of the above, what he did was quite sensible against BATE and it was a good confidence builder to smash them.

1 Like

:thinking: We have conceded 3 goals in the first 10 minutes in the last 2 league games. Yes, the squad are always ready mentally :mustafi:

2 Likes

Good to see he makes sure his sides don’t make repetitive mistakes, after the poor start vs Manure you just knew we’d make a positive start today.

3 Likes

I think it was Dani Alves who once said something like this, “Players need to feel under pressure. Pressure is adrenaline. And without adrenaline, you relax.”

Wenger doesn’t put any pressure on the players Most of our starting XI are comfortable because they know they’ll start games however they perform.

1 Like

#notmymanager #timetoretiredinosaur

1 Like

Meh not every player is a carbon copy. Maybe that works for Alves other players might fold under pressure. Not gonna argue ur overall point but it’s not a one size fits all.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "It was a difficult game and I felt that we paid a heavy price for a slow start. We kept going. Overall, I think the spirit was great. We were relentless to the end.

“I consider Olivier Giroud as a regular player. We have to be grateful that he is part of a great team and one who can come on and make a difference with the right attitude and ability. He is a talent.”

6 Likes

Please go Arsene before your damage is beyond repair. Very disappointed with today’s result and performance. The team today should have run The Saints rugged instead we were chasing the game to salvage a point .
We just simply aren’t good enough nor is the manager
Very disappointed

5 Likes

Not sure what is sadder, that I overslept this (tbf I returned from Japan this week, so very tired), or the fact that it sounds like I didn’t miss much other than a limp away performance requiring Ollie to bail us out and get 1 f*ing point against a weak Soton team.

I would not have dreamt of missing a single Arsenal match even a year ago and now I am not that bothered. I might not even watch this recorded. ManU - City match was entertaining - really bad goal that City gave up to give Utd hope, but I am glad they took out Mou in the end. City have distanced themselves now and I find it hard to believe they will lose it, even though I am convinced they will have a dip at some point this season - zero chance they go Invincible imho.

Arsenal are irrelevant again - not even sure how many points back we are now… good news is that there is a pile of crap from 3/4 - 7/8… hilariously, we are 1 point ahead of Spurs… not so hilariously, we are 1 point above Burnley after 16 matches.

Also, right now we are on track for about 69 points… SIXTY-NINE f*ing points. I am sure we will creep into the 70’s again, but we are so far from relevant it is silly. Looking forward to more from youngsters, Euro League (at least it is something different), and the Cups - maybe we can carry another Cup with some luck this year.

6 Likes