Arsène Wenger

If he stretched that over the past 10 years it would take me all day to scroll right to find the end of our bar.

7 Likes

It is so obvious that we don’t even need the chart to realize how vulnerable we are when opponents counterattacking us.

Incredible how it’s still a persistent problem since it first became a problem in 09/10 season. The big adaption Wenger tried to make to solve it (3-4-3) failed looking at that graph.

18 Likes

:arteta:

I wonder if Wenger might leave at the end of this season, especially if he finishes outside the CL places again.
He knows next season that he will be without his two best players and the team will be a lot worse without them so there will be even less chance of a top four finish.

The rebuilding job he, or any other manager, has to do is bigger than any big club in Europe and with an owner who is the least ambitious of those clubs.

He also knows that a team managed by someone, who the players are aware will probably not be staying, is not in a good position for him.

In a word no if anything i reckon he would grab on tighter saying that he hasnt had enough time to sort out what he wants to do and build the squad the way he wants an will ask the board and fans for more time probably will ask for another contract so he can have extra time to put it right. Knowing the board they will likely allow it too.

Yeah, I’m at the point where I’m not sure whether to root for us to win the EL or finish 4th so to not have another season without CL and not make Wenger’s last year (pray to god) overly tedious, or to root for utter collapse and finishing 7th or 8th behind someone like Watford to see if that is enough to get him fired/them to agree to a mutual termination.

4 Likes

Why aren’t you calling him a fucking spurs fan luca?

You do when I post stuff like that :wink:

Cuz u are a spurs fan, MM is clearly not.

lol :joy:

:wenger:

5 Likes

:wenger:

6 Likes

Savage.

From reading the full quotes he could have been saying that about Deeney or he could have been talking up his own players…

The only response we have to give is on the pitch and not listen too much to what people say. If you look at these players and what they have achieved in their careers, I think think that speaks much more than any sentence at a post-match press conference. When you’re questioned, in our job there is only one response and that is on the pitch.
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/wenger-ozil-rumours-and-deeney-comments#ywVQzBzp36do4Ktr.99

Yeah my thoughts were that he was talking about his players. But the police my still stands there are World Cup and domestic league and cup winning players in our squad and Deeney can’t match up to them.

1 Like

I think the fact that Wenger says we have lots of players that have achieved more makes it worse.

We have world class players, and most of our first team squad are full international players and we lost to Watford, a team where none of their players would get into our first team because, “they wanted it more.”
What ever way Wenger spins it, it’s not good enough.

1 Like

So much :xhaka:

It doesn’t make it worse at all. Honestly this idea that big teams should automatically bulldoze lesser teams on every occasion is utter madness.

Anyone can beat anyone, and if they couldn’t it wouldn’t be worth watching. It’s the position you finish in after 38 games that defines your level, not any single game in isolation.

1 Like