Arsène Wenger

I’m sorry guys. It remains like talking against a wall when it comes to Wenger.

Only two more years. I hope.

3 Likes

Well I’m not really using that as an argument for him being successful in the league. We’ve not been successful in the league no matter how you slice it. So if you want to attack Wenger for not overachieving go ahead that’s your prerogative. What I’m saying is that we’ve for the most part finished where we should sometimes a bit better sometimes a bit worse.

The tactic thing imo is so laughable. Yeah he’s not really flexible with his tactics but I’m not really against that, we try to play attacking football, when you do that you are going to be open at the back sometimes. Stoke is a terrible example if you want to slight Wenger for tactics btw lol. Spurs play some of the most boring football I’ve ever seen and you lot are on Pochetino’s balls. No thanks. I’ve always kind of questioned how many here say we don’t play attractive football anymore. Sure it’s not Henry and Bergkamp but has anyone watched the rest of the league? The only team that can hold a candle to our entertaining style of football is lolpool under Klopp, and they leak more goals than we do. I just wish we had slightly better smarter players, we’d be in a real good spot if that was the case.

1 Like

Player error yes, but Wenger’s team selection was wrong and his substitutions just didn’t work. That’s not a hindsight thing either. Even at the time, everyone was bemused that Lacazette was taken off instead of Welbeck. He said he bought Walcott on to cross to Giroud – Walcott hasn’t assisted Giroud in 2 years! Xhaka would have been more useful for that.

Then of course there was the full back thing, why take Kola off? Take off Bellerin or Ox instead, keep one on the right and put Kola on the left, where he plays best! Wenger can’t play that many players out of position and expect a cohesive performance.

So yeah, while there may have been some individual errors, Wenger should take some responsibility for the loss also.

3 Likes

Xhaka was not very hitting passes all day long or did you miss that.

Playing ox and bellerin left and right did nothing to make the game worse, your just playing what if scenario; on a better day the team selection would be completely different we would have all centre backs, rather than one.

At the point of the substitutes stoke were 11 behind the ball it would have taken great inventiveness.

Walcot may have not assisted Giroud but he has ozil Sanchez and others, some how you people ignore that.

1 Like

Lol last week he brought Giroud on and he scored the winner.

Wenger’s the one who said that he brought Walcott on to cross to Giroud, he was quite specific about that. It’s bullshit to then blame the people who point out how rarely Walcott assists Giroud, as if they’re doing it for no reason.

If Wenger hadn’t said that, nobody else would be focusing on when the last time Walcott assisted Giroud was. People are “ignoring” the times that Walcott has assisted Sanchez, Özil and others because it isn’t relevant.

1 Like

I don’t want to attack Wenger for that. I was disputing that he is an overachiever like you’re claiming.

giphy-downsized (1)

2 Likes

Are you really counting the double over Stoke a thing here.

The club wont dare say the truth. It would affect reputation, ticket and merch sales.

I really think ppl are just haters. When u have a lot of success, people dislike you for that. Kanye, Justin Bieber, Arsene Wenger, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton. People just want to be them and they can’t, so they hate.

1 Like

Lol. Just lol.

7 Likes

Not a thing but when people are disingenuous or put intellectual fallacy, there is a need to point it out.

Frankly speaking we could have beaten baca, Madrid, Bayern and whoever a lot of people would dismiss this because it doesn’t fit a narrative

If you don’t see the pattern in those losses the problem really lies with you and you are the one with head in the sand.

4 Likes

If we were beating those sides trophies would have followed on the biggest stage, making it impossible to dismiss. Alas conceding ten goals to Bayern leads people not really needing anything pointing out.

2 Likes

Lol. Never thought I’d see Arsene Wenger listed in the same sentence as two people made famous via sex tapes. And now I have not so nice images in my head :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Yeah and we aren’t the only one losing in a particular manner, Man U was doing it all last season and the season before.

We’ve been doing it for eight seasons.

Actually beating these teams does not guarantee anything, we’ve beaten them before and what has yielded?

:joy: of course nothin has changed; yep we still can’t beat Man U.

You see what you want to make an argument.