tl;dr

1 Like

Fuck off :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read it…didn’t seem that long to me…

Was some typical Wenger bollocks in there though. :frowning:

:joy: sorry sham had to be done

1 Like

I wish this was a more accepted notion, its very true. No one wants to give young players a chance. A good young player could have a shit 6 months when they are 20 or so and get written off for a long time which could also be detrimental to their development. Its all about immediate gratification these days.

For example Iwobi did not get mentioned once all summer because he got dropped mid last season. That was Wenger just protecting him and not doing another 50-game Jack Wilshere job. Alex looks ready more than ever now.

2 Likes

But he is so dam right about how football has evolved.

The problem stems further back in the chain line for me here. Kids are basically given no chance of making it at football if their not part of an academy before their teens now. So although I agree with his sentiment the players have already been part and parcel of the system very early on imo.

Same old Wenger. He never changes.

1 Like

Resign now!

1 Like

Gonna be a long two years…Just gotta try and enjoy it.

3 Likes

You’ll should accept it’s all Europa League this season. The League is going to be exactly the same as the past seven seasons, results-wise, and Liverpool and Tottenham are going to decide where we finish.

7 Likes

At least in 17 months time we can have those hopeful 5 months where we convince ourselves he might not sign a new deal. And then in 41 months we get to do it again. Can’t wait :giroud2:

6 Likes

Will Wenger really continue at Arsenal at the age of 69!? I’m praying the answer is no

I genuinely feel that Wenger is taking the piss out of us now though. It’s as if he is being like ‘aaahhhhhh I got another contract at this club woooooooow what do I have to do to get sacked here, let’s test that theory bunch of fucking saps I can do anything I want and I will still be offered a new contract. I’ll play every player out of position even though I have players for those positions on the bench and I will make stupid substitution I will generally fuck us every game but I will get another contract.’

Its almost as if Wenger is just bored of the whole thing now so has gone with fiddling and meddling to ease the boredom like a kid bored with his toy just kicking it around pulling pieces out of etc.

2 Likes

He isn’t asked to win anything. Just warm the bench and earn your undeserved money.

Ferguson retired at the top because of his wife and I think he was 71 or 72. I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to something like 73. It’s a shame because he could have had a real ground up rebuild project at another club in that time but unless he wins one of the major two titles he’s not going to be loved for his time here.

Really pooped the bed today with the team selection.

Why play both Hector and SK out of position to fit Ox in the team?

2 Likes

You know, when Wenger fells in love with a player he is gonna play him forever. The Ox is not even that bad in his new position though.

1 Like

Wenger is gonna win the league again people, don’t doubt him, we are lucky to have him :joy:

2 Likes

I bet my house he is gonna renew again next season. The problem is that we will have become “the new Liverpool” by that period.

1 Like