Arsène Wenger

Plenty has changed and will continue to change. #Aussiegonnaaussie

Things were supposed to be changed since Ozil. Yet results-wise / our standing in the League nothing has changed in the past five years and won’t next year. It’s weird honestly.

1 Like

Fuck that. We’re going to win the league!

1 Like

Results have changed since Ozil.

Unless 3 FA Cups and 2 community shields arent results?

3 Likes

Omg. The Cups. :laughing::laughing::laughing:.

‘our standing in the League’.

2 Likes

You say that but aside from last season our positioning in the table improved year on year.

2 Likes

By default. Not because we improved.

In fairness at the same time it’s not Arsene’s fault Arsenal got 5th last season. Tottenham and Liverpool caught up.

2 Likes

what a load of nonsense. Nothing is achieved by default especially at this level.

2 Likes

Bullshit

Miserable performances against WBA, Watford, Crystal Palace, Boro, Everton and others were the reason we finished 5th

And that is entirely Wengers’ responsibility

1 Like

Yes it is.

Arsenal over those three/four years (12-16) our League position ‘improved’: 73, 79, 75, 71.

Manchester United: 89, 64, 70, 66.

Chelsea: 75, 82, 87, 50

Manchester City: 78, 86, 79, 66

Our ‘rivals’ dropped off (more). Rather than Arsenal improving drastically. If anything last season pretty much comfirmed that after we finished again behind Chelsea and City.

2 Likes

When you look at the bigger picture Arsenal has been consistent over the past five years with 70-79 points. Exactly what we did last year when we got 75 points. Other clubs caught up with us. Rather than Arsenal messing up.

1 Like

I’m not sure you understand what default means, or how to use it in this context. Or how that post helped to illustrate anything.

Using your example, I could say Chelsea won the league by default because they got more points than anyone else.

Very well. If you want to believe how things changed. I shouldn’t try and convince you other wise. My bad.

By all means im open to a conversation. I just don’t agree with your point, especially when you yourself fail to explain it.

1 Like

I think the drop off in points paint a rather clear picture. But you fail to see that. Or you just want to ignore it.

By accumulating 87 points Chelsea performend like Champions do on average. Whilst 71 points for a 2nd place team is a low mark which wouldn’t have happened if teams performed on normal level. Pretty much like last season has showed us, where 2nd place team Spurs had 86 points.

It’s rather simple really. But again maybe you are ignoring that, since it doesn’t fit the narrative of change. Pretty much the whole of 15/16 was an anomaly. Which showed last season.

1 Like

Better than nothing, tbh. Spurs are better than us now, but they have won nothing in the last years.

Will it ever end :smile:

5 Likes

What? :hipster:

Keeping Alexis, signing Lacazette. Maybe that contract isn’t all that bad now, but prefer it was just 1 year. With a new manager though it’d be a whole transition and would unsettle the club. Alexis would probably leave too.