Arsène Wenger

Koscielny is a big question mark. Would love to see getting another CB.

I imagine 90m to be a semi serious figure.

1 Like

Spoken like a man who has been following Arsenal long enough.

I will go a step further and say even if we hold on to Sanchez and Ozil, and add another midfielder like Lemar, I wouldn’t have any expectations. In fact, even if my dream scenario of selling Sanchez, buying Mbappe and another midfielder happens, I wouldn’t have any expectations. I would be extremely excited about watching us play, but not expect anything.

1 Like

City could afford to pay that price, tbf.

Wenger was asked about Lemar and Mbappe
Said Lemar is a player he likes but would not be drawn into it further, said nothing concrete yet.
Said Mbappe has the choice of any top club in europe, and that Arsenal were one of them.

On Sanchez
Asked if he still insists on not selling Alexis to a rival, “Yes, that’s the continuity from what I said. Yes, that’s what we’ll do.”

On New Additions
“We play football based on movement - I believe both can integrate well into the team.
I believe they are great additions to the team. This is a good opportunity to get a first look at them.”
Alexandre Lacazette will make debut on Thursday according to Wenger and will also play on Saturday

1 Like
4 Likes

Great news! This formation has done us really well and let Holding take control of our defence.

4 Likes

Don’t see any direct quotes in that article so I will believe it when I see it. I guess we should know in another day when we play or first pre-season game in Sydney.

It’s a direct quote.

read it :slight_smile:

That’s not what he said. He effectively said he’d use friendlies to tinker with the 3-4-3 and the 4-2-3-1

I listened to his press conference.

I also wasn’t convinced that his Alexis stance isn’t a poker face.

I did read it. What am I missing?

The direct quotes…

1 Like

LOL.

Apart from actual quality, this team needs stability if anything else. In stead of going 100% in for 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1 too build trust, good habits and produce a good level of play as a consequence of trust and habits, Arsenal are going to be ‘flexible’.

This is so sad.

4 Likes

Ahah! Wenger will never change. “Top quality squad” and after the first wins “mental strength”.

1 Like

Kill me now

1 Like

Is he referring to the same “top quality players” that got us fifth place?
Or the “top quality” players that have had enough and want to go to a club that actually have top quality players?

2 Likes

Any slight hope we had that things could change has now disappeared…#wengergonnawenger

1 Like

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder373/400x/72152373.jpg

1 Like