Arsène Wenger

Not surprising in the least, him staying always meant he got his way and essentially “beat” Gazidis.

There are no compromises with him, such is his ego and misplaced arrogance.

Never evolves which is why he’ll always be attempting to play catch up and looking ahead at his rivals instead of looking back at them whilst leading the pack.

16 Likes

Incredible win for Wenger, how does he do it? I wonder if he’ll complete the game and purge the party, er i mean the club, of all known dissenters starting with Gazidis

1 Like

Are we really surprised? Wenger was going to stay only if he was still granted full control.

Not really surprising is it. He wasn’t going to change and no one on the board has to balls to push change through. Amazing how the old fool gets away with it every year. Going to be fun on here during the summer hearing the B.S and same old mistakes from that joke of a board and manager.

2 Likes

This notion that the board is a meaningful entity needs to be eliminated. The only one that matters is Stan and he has given Wenger his blessing to proceed as he sees fit. The only meaningful thing a member of the board could do is resign and outline their reasons why.

7 Likes

Wenger is lucky there isn’t anyone else available at this current time. If it were a year ot two ago with the likes of Klopp and Pep looking to move, his future would have been more in doubt. Only had Allegri this time around who ended up staying put.

4 Likes

Yep - Stan believes in single point of accountability and atm continues to trust the legendary AW, much to his own detriment imo… it is the big failing of the higher-ups/owner right now.

Since there will be no Director of Football, I can only assume that he’ll be signing an extension beyond 2019 if we make it back to the CL for 2018, regardless of how it happens, either finishing Top 4 or finishing 7th or 8th but winning the Europa League.

I can’t argue with Peyton regarding Lloris and crosses. Other then that he seems to be somewhat of a buffoon. You just have look at Fabianskis performances for Swansea.

I wonder if he sees it? :thinking:

:laughing:

https://twitter.com/GurjitAFC/status/875106405728096258

3 Likes

lol Silvestre!

Wearing the captains armband too makes that picture rather disgusting.

2 Likes

Well, if the man thought he deserved an extension and readily signed it, it obviously means he doesn’t see anything wrong with the way things are so why would you expect a change. As far as Arsene is concerned, last season was a blip in an otherwise extremely successful tenure at Arsenal, with 19 consecutive top 4 trophies. So am not surprised that nothing is changing.

One thing that will change for sure is the speed at which the knives come out the moment we have a wobble next season. It’s going to make for a toxic environment and the club would be to blame for it. If Wenger thought the fans didn’t help the team last season, this coming season is going to be 10 times worse. I am sure the players and the board have got a good sense of what to expect next season if things don’t change. They have been warned. The rest is up to them.

What’s disgusting is that we’ve brought in so much shit after him that he doesn’t even seem like a bad signing at this point.

1 Like

He is right. Wenger considers his players like sons. The problem is that Silvestre was shit for us. Any other manager wouldn’t have changed that :poldi:

1 Like

He still stands out as a terrible signing. Can’t think of a single thing he did.

He scored against Spurs. That’s all I can remember him doing

I think the transfers between Wenger and Ferguson illustrate perfectly the difference in the transfer policy of the two managers.

Wenger was desperate for a CB, because we had our usual injury crisis and we needed a decent defender for any chance of turning the season around.
So he goes out and buys an over the hill, Man U reject.
The fact that Ferguson was willing to sell him to us proves what a poor player he thought he was, because there is no way Ferguson would sell a player to us if he thought it would strengthen us.

But Wenger sells RVP to Man U, knowing full well they were desperate for a top striker, proven in the PL, so Ferguson could win the PL title.

Sylvestre is right.
Wenger is a ditherer and lacks that ruthless streak that Ferguson and Mourinho had.
He is far too indecisive and even after such a bad season, he is still showing no real intent in the transfer market.

4 Likes

Copy. Paste. Repeat.

2 Likes

Tbf you can’t really fault Wenger for that transfer imo. Silvestre was bought in the summer. We had Gallas and Toure at the time and were looking for a 3rd/4th substitute. As someone with a lot of Premier League experience etc Silvestre seemed to have a good profile. But it didn’t really work out.

1 Like