Arsène Wenger

I think it’s just the assumption after Wenger gets an automatic 2 year deal so easily despite really poor league form.

1 Like

It wasnt automatic though. We know the board were divided, that changes were negotiated and that it took long time to sign and agree.

A sensible assessment would be that he was our key choice, not our only choice.

2 Likes

Next time we break the world transfer record please let me know.

Also if you think we get most of our main business done early, I don’t know what transfer windows you have been watching.
On the rare occasions that we do, it’s normally when we have sold, or are about to sell, one of our best players.

What changes have taken place ? I’d be interested to hear how we are going to challenge/ win the league, club hasn’t really listed what the supposed changes are.

2 Likes

Purely conjecture but I don’t actually believe there was too much division. I just don’t think they wanted to make the announcement amidst intense fan discontent. As most predicted, if we won the FA Cup (or secured a top four finish) it would have been announced within days. Which evidently was proven to be the case.

4 Likes

HAHA come on, any fool thinking this old fart will bring about changes need to just give up. Nothing will change, his main aim will be getting top 4 (which he won’t by the way), make the club some money, and if he can win a FA Cup or something. The man is nearly 70 years old, he can’t and won’t change. That interview is the same old lines another year from the old fart, total B.S and lies.

Spend some bloody money, sign Alexis to a new contract, Ozil and Ox, get rid of the deadwood, win the PL, Europa league and FA Cup. Until then I’m expecting the same crap.

3 Likes

Who do you think they were looking for?

Are you doubters deaf? Didn’t you hear him say he wants to win the premiership again.
Faith children. You must have Faith.

2 Likes

I feel only one hell of a summer transfer-wise is getting us back into the top four and that’ll be closer to 4th than winning it regardless under Wenger.

The FA cup win as great as it was just papers over the cracks but they will be back in full view next season.

2 Likes

I think he very lucky to even get 4th next season to be fair, I think unless Spurs and Liverpool don’t spend too much then it’s between us and them for that 4th spot, think CL football might slow them down a little. I think Chelsea, City and Utd with some crazy summer spending will be the three teams fighting for the PL title imo. I fully expect the same problems when the tough gets going for this team. Hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Thank you, Cpt Obvious. Doesn’t change my opinion that he should have gone.

If won the F.A. Cup and the Europa League next season i would be very happy.

2 Likes

never finish below the scum again, win the league win europa

3 Likes

Anyone remember when I said: “I will write a letter to Arsène”?

Today I received a letter from him and the club. :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

That’s really cool. I don’t know about other clubs as I’m not privy to their inner workings but it’s a really nice touch of Le Prof to personally respond to fans.

Amazing, that’s why so many people love the man.

P.S Maxi when you post this on onlinearsenal make sure to make it kinda blurry and difficult to read.

3 Likes

P.S we should be together too

9 Likes

You’re right, but my camera is like Yaya Sanogo…

1 Like

It’s clear enough that I’ve been able to decide where to stay when I visit Naples this summer

16 Likes