Arsène Wenger

Knew this was coming all along. I know what I said yesterday but I’m struggling to feel anything but complete and utter disdain for Arsene Wenger right now. Which means I’m probably taking this football thing a bit too seriously. :joy:

2 more years of embarrassment… Plus maybe more! Insanity. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Fair play to you if you read all that :smile:

2 Likes

He says this every season.
Shame he rarely does it.
Ironically, the two top quality players he has bought are potentially leaving because he hasn’t bought any more of similar quality.

2 Likes

Ultimately they could do, but we’re a massive tourist club, perhaps the biggest in the country due to the London factor. There’s going to be a humongous turnover in ST holders this summer, I predict the biggest since the move into the new stadium, yet it will start the new season being full to the rafters. And even if it isn’t, any empty seats will still have been ‘paid’ for. That’s what I was getting at

2 Likes

Lets analyse more closely though. A team like Arsenal, with the squad we have should ALWAYS get out of the group stages in the CL. Even when we have a tough opponent, the other two are always of a lesser class. And getting out of the group stages means nothing when we fall at the round of 16 every year, its been 8 now in a row I think?

As for the second place finish two seasons ago, where would we have finished if we had bought more than just Petr Cech in the summer? Everyone could see we needed more players coming in and we were the only side not to sign an outfield player in Europe’s best 5 leagues that summer. Shocking.

Then, to not build on a second place finish and to finish 5th this campaign is criminal. There are managers out there who can do a better job here now, and saying that will never take away everything Arsene has done for the club.

I’m disappointed at this new deal, especially because​ he could’ve left on a real high after the weekend, but I will support him for the next two years because I have no choice. I’d love for him to prove me wrong as well.

1 Like

Aye… :bellerin:

1 Like

In other words expect a quiet summer.

2 Likes

As to be expected and just feel flat. It would make too much sense for Wenger to leave winning the FA Cup for a record 7th time, quite an achievement.

It just leaves more questions. First being, in his 2014 extension he said he would win the Premier League in 3 seasons. Since that didn’t happen he gets rewarded with a new 2 year contract.

After the season ended in the league Arsene harped on figuring out where that 1 point may have been costly to miss out on the Top 4 and the need to rectify that for next season.

How about rectifying the 17? 18? point gap to Chelsea? We are fed today by Kroenke and Gazidid, and of course Wenger, that the Premier League remains the ambition and to win trophies, BULLSHIT.

Winning trophies is an added bonus to this board and Owner, profit was and will forever be the ambition of this. And it stinks.

4 Likes

Can’t even watch a picture of Wenger without getting pissed off.
He’s truly deluded in that he’s the right man and the damage he will do this 2 years will probably ensure that we won’t do nothing of note for years after he is gone.

3 Likes

After Saturday’s wonderful performance I’ve had reservations about Wenger leaving .
The first few games of next season are going to be the biggest challenge he’s ever had to deal with .
Imagine if he hasn’t won a game after a month ?
Its a massive decision by all parties involved but the big question of all , who will replace Wenger ?
Mixed feelings here .

Lol. Wenger considers the first few games of the season as summer break. I’ll be fucking amazed if for once we are actually prepared.

3 Likes

Is Corbyn Wenger In or Wenger Out? From around 3:00

2years time this teams going to need rebuilding again. This summer would have been the ideal time for a new manager to come and start planning on building their team.

Yes it’s gonna be a refreshing new start :laughing:

So typical Arsenal to delay the announcement :hipster:

Where do people find the time haha

1 Like

Exactly.
When have we gone into a season prepared?
Our seasons start then we start panic buying.
How is it most of the other top clubs get their business done early, and their new signings get a decent amount of time to train with their new team mates?

1 Like

Nah, i didnt get past top top quality!! i just highlighted the questions…

It’s a two-year deal. Do you know yet what happens after that?
We don’t. Football is constantly evolving, constantly changing. This is a two-year deal so we are looking at at least the next two years. Again, at some point of course we will have to transition to the era beyond Arsène and that is not a sentimental connection that we have, that is a connection that is driven by what is best for the football club. I will say this, this is not just the club not being sentimental, this is Arsène not being sentimental either. Arsène would not make this commitment if he did not believe he could push this club forward. That is an assessment we continue to make as we move into the future, and who knows what the future holds.

:fearful:

The board might treat us like that but when it comes down to it, without the supporters, the board would be an amorphous blob of nothing.
The supporters are the club, the board are merely making a profit out of it.

1 Like