Arsène Wenger

Might not be the final contract? :cold_sweat:

It’s done, contract has been signed taking him to 2019.

I think he will break Fergies time in charge personally, what was that ? 26 years ?

He will never leave

He’s going to break Fergie’s record for most Premier League games next season, needs 21 more!

Swap the you’re for I’m

:cry: :cry:

1 Like

Cesc was on a long term contract, selling RVP earlier when he wanted to leave in 10/11 alongside Cesc and Nasri would have been a disaster.

Because Premier League games are loads different to the old First Division games.

Wenger:

6 Likes

Yeah Cesc we should have got a shit load more, I suppose what ruined us was he only wanted to return to Barcelona.

Yeah I know, that’s why I said Premier League games and not simply League games. It’s just another record to add to his belt is all I meant :slight_smile:

Feels weird, being on such a downer about your most successful manager signing a new deal :laughing:

The booing and discontent and ranting throughout the next two years definitely won’t let up, so everybody loses out. Maybe the 3-4-3 will save us

Of course, the true deal is 2+2+2+2+2 and so on until he dies :hipster:

1 Like

:ok_hand:

3 Likes

Fuck. To think I would have said no to a one year contract with the assurance that the would leave after.

2 Likes

The cup win is colouring so many people’s views on this it’s comical. If Arsenal lose the Fa Cup final, he still signs, only the reaction is outrage.

9 Likes

Arsenal haven’t won the league title in 13 years and in 11 years the margin to the Champions has been double figures +, tells you all you need to know about the ambition of Arsenal Football club. I think about 75% of fans are pretty upset about this contact extension despite the cup win.

1 Like

Most people celebrating this don’t really care about Arsenal. They are defining themselves by contrast, nothing more. It would surprise me if they watched more than 2 games a month…

2 Likes

This decision illustrates our boards lack of ambition.

Stick with a manager that will drift along, not spending too much money never challenging for the PL or CL, but winning domestic trophies, always scraping a top four place…oh wait.

Any other top club with ambition would have got a new manager in.
A bit like Man City, spurs, Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Everton etc.

Not us.
We have an owner who sits around, watching his investment drift along like tumbleweed, from his ranch thousands of miles away, dusting off his wig and counting his money.

What’s the point?
Unless you are happy with underwhelming transfer windows, seeing the best players leave, seeing the same poor performances from the same players and maybe getting a top four place.

1 Like

Not sure what to think. Arsenal recognise that there is divide in opinion and also see that many have/are losing faith in Wenger’s abilities but that 99% are behind the team… bleh!

With no signs of being proactive from the upper echelons in the months leading up to now, the tide was only going to head towards Wenger. Inevitable. Frustrating. And now I’m worried about what this means regarding both Özilexis.