Arsène Wenger

How the fuck can the cause be the cure. Honestly cant few him as any more than an egotistical twat now.

2 Likes

They are willfully blind to the concerns and feelings of the fanbase.

They genuinely believe that the vast majority of the fans want him to stay, there is a distinct deliberate disconnect that is proving to be pure poison to the club.

This club is about to become the biggest soap opera in football.
Its going to be a Rolls Royce version of Newcastle and Mike Ashley.
Most teams in this melt down have players who stop performing. If you think how our players bottle expectation, this could be a catastrophic collapse.
Not going to be nice this demise but its inevitable. Basically can only see a sponsor pulling back on a contract before anyone on the board flinches.
Results may force a re think as I think they will be very poor between now and the end of the season.

1 Like

Dry your eyes lads. Lets wait for actual quotes first.

I hear you, but the longer the silence goes on with continuing bad results, the more it suggests that they are just waiting for some respite before making the announcement, because they know there will be backlash. Just a theory of course, as know one can really claim to know anything at the moment.

Said from the start that this is what I think the situation will be like. The board have no clue on how to replace Wenger so he will be offered contract after contract till he decides to quit.

1 Like

Maybe the Liverpool owners were right when they asked what they’re smoking over at the Emirates.

2 Likes

This situation is made worse by the fact that the person who makes the ultimate decision about who replaces Wenger, not only doesn’t know anything about football, he also knows nothing about the history of the club, and has no interest in the club other than how much money it can make him.

Kroenke isn’t going to go for a manager that will make us successful, he is going to go for someone who will maintain what Wenger has done so him, which is the fourth place trophy.
Either that, or keep Wenger, what ever makes him the most profit.

I can’t see how Wenger can possibly stay, especially if we lose our next two games and go out of the FA Cup.
The team he has assembled is as good as it’s going to get.
There are no world class prospects like we have had in the past.
There hasn’t been an injury crisis he can blame.
The only top quality players we have want to leave because of our lack of ambition.
All our other decent players are at their peak, or past their best, and the rebuilding job needed is going to take several seasons.

What does Wenger think he is going to do to turn this round, that he hasn’t done already?
He has said several times, “judge me at the end of the season.”
But how many times has he failed and gone on to do the same, expecting different results.

The fact he hasn’t signed the contract put in front of him would indicate he knows he is leaving.
He could even drag us down further, and he must know that there is not much more he can do.

The only thing stopping him, is what has caused this mess in the first place, his stubbornness and his massive ego.

He has become a sort of dictator. “I made a mistake, but i am the only one who can fix it”.

1 Like

From Londons Finest to Londons Funniest…
The joke of the country…

Really wish these ex players would shut the fuck up lol. They just don’t get it as I said yesterday the players and ex players think very different from the fans

2 Likes

Lehmann should shut up and take some responsibility for the situation. If he hadn’t got himself sent off in Paris, Wenger might have a Champions League trophy under his belt and wouldn’t be viewed as harshly as he currently is! Winning that could have set us off down a whole new path of glory. Yep, I’m holding Jens Lehmann responsible for everything that has happened since :sunglasses:

1 Like

no ex arsenal player are going to turn around and agree with getting rid of wenger same as managers will never say a certain manager should leave

pointless interview

Henry bottled the final and so did Almunia who didn’t close his fucking legs for their winner.

All three to blame imo :wink:

4 Likes

Kicked balls towards the plane pahaha. Miss mad Jens. He would kick some of these wimps into shape.

You can pick all the replacements you want,but if the management team is the same next season it will not make a bit of difference.
Next season Wenger will go out and buy a new world class centre forward, a world class defensive midfielder, left back and a couple of quality centre halves. All positions we should have filled years ago.
Don’t know what will happen with o zil n Sanchez. Gone I bet.
But we will still have clueless Wenger sending out players with no plan and no idea.
But there is a bigger problem than Wenger. The board. How can our board even begin to put knobhead Wenger before the club and its fans?
Disgraceful.

1 Like

Seems like contract talks with Alexis and Özil will be continued during the summer as they’re (understandably) now focusing on the rest of the season.

I feel this will be the kind of business that will drag through most of the summer just to be decided right into the start of the season and will be used to explain another slow start and how the (possible) replacements will need 2-3 months to get used to the league, etc.

Let’s be honest, the board and Wenger know both are more then likely not staying but no way in hell will they announce it if Wenger signs a two year contract around the same time, could you imagine the fan’s displeasure with that news then throw on the fact that two of our best players want out. So they drag it out like they tried to keep them, as you said Wenger will use it as a excuse for another slow start to the season.

2 Likes

Actually an attitude like Lehmans is what is missing from our team. Current players should come out and talk shit to the fans for the plane thing. However the players are sliding by, Wenger is getting all the blame. They’ve got no room to talk because they have basically given up. I tend to agree with what the athletes say because they’ve got more of a clue about what type of shit really goes down in a locker room. Any fan questioning them are deluded imo. Just look at what Henry said recently.

4 Likes

I think someone like Lehman saying what he said proves nothing.
Plenty of ex players have criticised Wenger, so just because a few of them recently are defending him, because they feel sorry for him, is pointless.

It’s true ex players might have more of an insight into what goes on in the locker room but a lot of them have an agenda.
Supporters, on the other hand, want the best for the club and if they see it being dragged down by a manager who keeps repeating the same mistakes while getting 8m a season, of course they are going to have a different perspective on it.

I don’t think supporters are deluded at all.
In fact it’s probably the other way round.

Players generally are mercenary, and have only an allegiance to who ever pays the most money, so if they start spouting off against the very people that pay their vastly inflated wages, they should remember that without the supporters they wouldn’t be in their privileged position.

2 Likes